ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake Adjustment (Clio 182)

BG 182
Hi,

I've changed my caliper over, but struggled to unhook the handbrake cable from moving caliper arm.

I eventually managed it, but now I've put the new discs and pads on, I've got even less play in the arm to rehook the cable.

I've got the car up on axle stands, I've taken off 3 of the 4 bolts holding the heatshield on, but I'l still really struggling to get any more than 1/10 of a turn - which needless to say is taking me forever to adjust the tension.

What have you used to undo this nut before? I'm looking at deep sockets but I still dont know if they're deep enough to take the length of the bolt?

Kris.

172 cup
Yep, what he just said

use a 10mm deep socket with a bendy knuckle attachment on it, then use a straight extension bar.... One that's long enough to clear the heat shield