ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Happy Birthday - 10 Years of ownership

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
She's now 10 years old and 63,500 on the clock . Had her from new . I've enjoyed every moment driving her and still puts a smile on my face most days, when I want her to . Touch wood , no major issues over the years , normal servicing costs etc ....... but that's about it .
PB240087.jpg

PB250103.jpg

souveran1Large.jpg

RB182cup&golf gti
Brilliant. Looks like you have kept it as it should be too. You going to keep hold of it? Mine turned 11 in December also owned from new and no plans to sell.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Brilliant. Looks like you have kept it as it should be too. You going to keep hold of it? Mine turned 11 in December also owned from new and no plans to sell.
I've kept it the best I can . It has the usual age related marks , a few unavoidable minor car park dents that I need to get sorted . No plans to get rid anytime soon . As you can see , it's done bugger all miles really for a 10 year old car.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Excellent! Looks absolutely mint... props. Only thing that lets it down imo is the chavvy number plate, sorry. Also, you don't need a TAX disc anymore :D

Reactions: Ben
  RB 182 FF
Out of interest @MRBILLYUK as you've been the sole owner and probably a sympathetic owner what's been/needed replacing since new? Has it cost a lot or been pretty good?:smile:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Excellent! Looks absolutely mint... props. Only thing that lets it down imo is the chavvy number plate, sorry. Also, you don't need a TAX disc anymore :smiley:
That's ok . I don't mind the chavvy comment about the number plate . I can't actually remove the tax disc holder , it's well and truly welded to the windscreen so I gave up trying to remove it lol .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Out of interest @MRBILLYUK as you've been the sole owner and probably a sympathetic owner what's been/needed replacing since new? Has it cost a lot or been pretty good?:smile:
In the grand scheme of things running costs haven't been too bad. Its been serviced regularly , 2 major services included with both belts , dephaser , water pump etc ...... the First major service was a right fiasco ,done at a Renault dealership who took 5 days because of a catalogue of fcuk ups . They'd never done a 182 before. The last 2 services were done by Mick@diamond motors . Well worth the 5 - 6 hour round trip . It's had 2 new springs , one track rod end . 2 new batteries . The original battery lasted about 7 and half years . The 2nd battery wasn't a good one , I had to buy it locally in an emergency cos I needed the car. Obvious things like tyres and brakes . And it's got a Yozzasport exhaust which I bought off Fred when he was selling some of cheapish. So all in all , the running costs have been quite reasonable imo. :smiley:

RB 182 FF
Thanks for the in depth reply, it's interesting to know! I had a feeling Renault dealers might have been less than impressive, I wasn't wrong! :smile::up:

RB 182 FF
I've had mine 4 years and strangely looking forward to the 100k milestone! On 96k now and I want to keep piling on the miles for some reason!lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had mine almost 2 years and just ticked over 61k. Only the second owner on mine so not to bad :smile:
Well I hope you get just as much enjoyment as I've had over the past 14 and a bit years :smile: . I had a new 172 for 4 years before the 182 . I was waiting for the 197 to be launched but when I saw it I didn't like it , so opted for the 182 instead . There was literally only about 10 unregistered 182s in the UK I could find in February 2006 when I bought it so I was getting a bit worried as I'd already sold my 172 a week earlier :anguished:

RB Clio 182
I love that, thats something I would buy if in the market and it was for sale.

Looks brilliant, true and honest!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Had mine from new..March 2001 I got it..only paid £10999 as I imported a uk car from Belgium!.pick it up from Dover docks with just 6miles on the clock and drove home to Basingstoke with no number plates..found out its legal to drive with no plates from point of entry to the country to your home address!
Anyway..I'm tromping everyone with 15 years :tonguewink:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had mine from new..March 2001 I got it..only paid £10999 as I imported a uk car from Belgium!.pick it up from Dover docks with just 6miles on the clock and drove home to Basingstoke with no number plates..found out its legal to drive with no plates from point of entry to the country to your home address!
Anyway..I'm tromping everyone with 15 years :tonguewink:
I can't see anybody beating 15 years . Makes my 10 years seem like bugger all now lol .

RB182cup&golf gti
It's a cup so not a lot! Well I wouldn't have a hope of selling it on here as everyone hates the cups! (This is not an advert btw, and I apologise for hijacking the OP's thread!!). Condition wise it's mint, garaged from new etc. Bit of melting on steering wheel and corner of the roof stripe has slightly peeled but that's it. No swirls, scratches or dinks and belts done for the second time last year at Birchdown. I put some new trophy turinis on it 2 years ago but I'd more than likely put the standard wheels with the still legal original pe2s back on. I wouldn't let it go for less than 5k which sounds a hell of a lot but to me it's worth it. Writing this has made me want to keep it haha.

RB 182 FF
If you don't need the money it's a keeper surely! 5k doesn't buy you much else these days anyway unfortunately! If I were you I'd want at least 5k as well if I decided to sell...:up:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Were these pictures taken when you first got the car?
I'd be lying if i said I knew exactly how old the pics are. I'm only guessing but I'd say about 3 or 4 years old , straight after a good wash , polish and wax. I don't take many pics. It does have age related marks as you'd expect from a car of this age and it would benefit from a pdr guy sorting out a few car park dents and the allloys could do with a refurb at some stage.

I just took this pic an hour or so ago . I gave it a good wash on Monday , g3 clay mitt and sealed it with Hyrdo2lite which is a fantastic product for beading.
DSC_0786.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Excellent! Looks absolutely mint... props. Only thing that lets it down imo is the chavvy number plate, sorry. Also, you don't need a TAX disc anymore :smiley:
He knows, those pics are from the day he bought it :tongueout:

Kidding, kudos for keeping it this long from new, the 1*2s are a lot of fun. Looks in really good condition.