ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Happy? How happy?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
On a scale of 1 to 7, nah, actually, lets make this different... On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you with your car?

State the model and your happiness mood :)

Although I dont have a Clio, I'll start because its my thread, right? Yes.

Subaru Impreza P1 - 9/10

There's always that extra % that wants something more. WR1 or more engine mods to be precise.

I'll do the missus, too. Hehe.

Clio 172 - 8/10 (She's happy with it, its doing the job and coming from an Evo VI thats high praise)

What say you?

Clio 172 mk2
Mk2 172

I reckon about 7/10

Fun but not that exciting to drive...very reliable though and cheap to run:D

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
172 7/10.
not enough grut low down.
in 2002 i was happy but with the intro of hight powerd TDI's and now the turbo hot hatches are here, the 172 over short sprits its not as fast as it used to be!

turbo car next for me. 6-12 months time

Less
182 - cup packs
8/10
its a gimp to keep clean, judders in a morning when cold, rattles! but bags of fun to drive!!!

RB 200 Cup!
black mk2 ph2 172 - 8/10 - love it cos only had it 12 days but would like engine mods and for it to magically turn into a racing blue 182

Scirocco GT 210
Clio 172 ph1 - 3/10.

Too slow for me (mainly due to having no mid-range). Feels very cheap and it doesn't have any quality to it at all. Although very reliable it still feels (and sounds) like it's going to fall apart at any moment. I reckon something expensive is going to fail in the next few months. lol

Will be replacing it the instant I can afford to.

It got an extra couple of points because the 5k kick still makes me smile. A little.

And it still looks kinda nice all cleaned up. :approve:

RenaultSport 172.
mk1 valver - 9/10. fast for my age, and you drive the car not the other way round. :)

guess, but yal be wrong
clio 1.2 16v extreme 4 05 plate

9/10 very happy nothing has gone wrong YET!!!

it hs everything i want in a car, cd player, pedals, engine, doors, windows, seatbelts, airbags, steering wheel...
so yeah very happy

MK1 monster
mk1 clio hybrid

8/10 would be more but it always breaks, but a brillaint fun car to drive when its working!

Focus ST170
2003 Clio 172cup

8/10 Still makes me smile on nice sunny days when its clean, but renault build quality sucks..

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
8/10, Couple of niggles have let it down and having to take it back to the dealer for a few things. Build qulaity isn't great either, my GF's corsa seems much better quality wise.

Apart from that im very happy with it and it has never let me down.

Cupra
225 - 6/10. It is fugly, and actually one of the first cars that I have owned that I don't worry about being stolen.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have to give it a 9/10. It still puts a grin on my face now - and that 2.0 16v lump still returns a healthy 34.5mpg.

It does pretty much everything I want and need from a car. Small enough, but not tiny - no kids so the rear seats hardly get used - good performance and a sorted chassis - all for a decent price.

All that's needed now is a dealership network that's on par with Honda and Toyota.

I'd definitely recommend one to someone who was interested in buying one.

D.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
1.2 16v 5/10

rushed into buying it and i wish i hadnt bothered as i can actually afford to buy/run something bigger and better (meggy gt or astra sri)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Focus TDCI.

Happy.....so so,its a good workhorse and does 400 miles on 40 quid round town
Dont think it will get nicked and its lovely to drive

Ill give it 6/10 because although not bad for a tdi its not very fast,but handling is great

Fiesta ST3
182 f/f

7/10 when it needs a wash
9.5/10 after a good wash and polish and i take it for a good blast round...

Mazda MX5 1.8
mk2 1.6 16v

6/10
happy enough with it, reasonably quick and hasnt broken down apart from a few teething problems. just want something a bit faster, louder, lower, and just more hardcore

P

Paul Common 666

172 ff - 10/10

Had my yozzasport exhaust fitted on monday so im over the moon with it at the moment! :approve:

Clio Dimma Hybrid.

6/10

It's pretty quick, and suprises a few people, good handling.

But suffers from porblems time to time.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
172 ff 7/10

+ points: flame red looks ace. 172ps for 5k is a bargain. twisties
- points: getting bored so i think its time to mod suttle or perhaps save for a wr1 or dc5.

impreza p1
9/10 still one of the best hot hatches pound for pound, such a fun car, would of been 8/10 but i added a extra point due to being liquid yellow

CLIO DCI DYNAMIQUE+
DCI80 - 6/10

Knocking noises from front end that I can't get rid of and it sounds like a tank!:( but great mpg

Owen

ClioSport Admin
182 - 7.5/10

I like the looks, chucking it round corners, good mpg and that 5k kick.:cool:

I dont like how frantic it sounds cruising at 80ish on m'way (coming from a 4.0 v8 that did 80 at about 1500rpm), the squeeking dashboard and the random knocking from the engine mounts/suspension/whatever..oh and the dealers.:dapprove:

FF172 - 7/10

+ points - fun to drive, gets plenty of looks, cheap to run.

- points - not fast enough, s**t build quality.

J03

MX5 1.8
1.2 16v.. 5/10

happy because its faster than all of my mates cars for a 1.2, picks up quite good but also ends quite fast...

pain.. need to fix some dints and paint work... exhausts needs tightening up cuz it rattles. not electrical faults yet.. drives like its on a forever ending road of road humps... really feeling the lack of power.. what the heck what do u expect for a first car lol