ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hardly any pressure in the brake pedal

172 CUP
Ok so I bought new discs & pads all round + braided hose lines + new fluid

I changed everything on saturday and all was working fine, had brilliant braking bite and stopping power was excellent. Then on sunday I noticed a small puddle on the floor of the nearside rear tyre, I checked this out and discovered that the leak was coming from the piston on the caliper. Also discovered that the front nearside braided hose line wasn't screwed into the caliper properly so there was a small leak coming from there. I screwed the braided hose line in tighter and cleaned up the fluid, I also cleaned up the fluid around the rear caliper. Today when I was driving all of a sudden the pressure in the brake pedal just went and now I have to put the pedal all the way to the floor in order to get it to brake.

I bled the system again today and quite a bit of air came out from the offside front caliper, I was unable to bleed the nearside rear caliper as the thread on the nut for the bleed nipple is gone. I have ordered new rear calipers.

Do you lot think that once I've changed the rear caliper and that leak stops and have fully bled the system again that the pressure will come back into the pedal and I'll get the bite in the pedal back again?

Cheers guys

Inferno 182 & Saxo
air fluid is getting out you can bet air is getting in. Sure you havent burst a flexi line? I had that happen on my track saxo

172 CUP
I don't believe i've burst any flexi lines, but i will check them all thoroughly when i replace the calipers and blees the whole system again