ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Yep as chris said I've got two sunflowers it's not that I need two just my 1st one pictured earlier with 49k on the clock I took off the road to give a good overhall, then bought a RB 182 FF & lost interest in the sunflower, then I sold the 182 & bought another sunflower which is the supercharged one :)

View attachment 71682

View attachment 71683

View attachment 71699

Glad to see another sunflower on the site & the fact no ph2 rear bumper is going on it :-D

Craig, whats the spoiler called thats on your sc'd sunflower?

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

One day maybe :)
[/FONT]

Im not sure Jon :S It was on a 1.2 Clio at my mates scrap yard & he just let me have it, ive never seen one before but it's genuine renault

Yeah I remember you saying it was genuine renault thats why I asked. I'd never seen one before till I say you at FCS last year.

What you doing with that exhaust anyway? Reckon we could butcher it on to my car?
It'll be ripped off at some point and replaced with a stealth system. I imagine that it will then be put up for sale on CS. lol
You can always try ;).
Needs coilovers.
GTFO with your pointless comments. Coilovers = No Deal. I'm not ruining this one. OEM ftw!!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I cant wait for TOPO meet tomorrow. Hopefully all the other photography wh0res will get some good photos of it ;) (hint).

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf, if I had any other clio than the T I'd be buying coilovers. Bilsteins I reckon I'd go for.

They just look so high.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You'd be ruining nothing with coilovers.

People ALWAYS make the mistake of thinking coilovers means 'super low and stiff' the fact is, you can set them up how you want. A subtle height with decent damping. If I ever own another clio it'll be on instant coilovers. It improves the way the car feels ten fold.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
hi.

i heartz yellow, i see what you mean about the exhaust now Paul. It really is the same size as a dust bin :eek:

i think all this needs are some sport lines and a decent exhaust and it will a minter

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking lovely Polski. It's the whole idea of owning an interesting colour although i'd rather have Titanium with mods.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nagh, there's something about a Renault wrapped in yellow:

lg_1660_765a.jpg

... they just look amazing. Shame every one expects a fit woman to be driving it and not Paul.

^ Yup, i've already experienced that slight issue LOL. "OMFG, a fit bird must be driving that.... Oh wait".
Thanks Mick for all the hard work you've put into my car this week!! Really appreciate it and has been well worth the wait. :)

Another shot from earlier. (Before the flamers, I park in that position to keep it as far away from retards as possible)
6858931179_09aa23ed4f_z.jpg

Sunflower - First Day Of Ownership by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Also, coilovers are a no go. I'm on a budget tbf and I want to keep my insurance as cheap as possible. The main problem with lowering though is the fact that after, it will struggle to go down the drive. We tried to put Daveski's 172 down my drive (which is lowered between 30-40mm) and had a couple mm clearance before I stopped the attempt before we got it stuck lol.
Either way, sportlines are a long way off... Have plenty of other bits to sort first ;).
The fun now begins........

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks excellent there mate. Proper nice.

I'm sure you're just a fairy with your drive though. I never got my clio stuck anywhere, ever, and it was silly low.

Photos lie :rasp:. Proper swirl bus. But equally, a properly epic car!! I can't wait until after my anal detailing has taken place. It'll be properly minted!!

You'd be surprised about my drive. My first 172's cat used to scrape just on standard suspension. My dad's Vectra scrapes every time. My first car, a Mk2 Fiat Punto, was lowered 30mm and wouldn't get anywhere near clearing the drive.
Stupid angle.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It does look very sweet mate, i said that to Gray yesterday as you were driving off and most people that came in to the workshop last week commented on it.

I'm getting a bit old now and prefer to see them standard and if you think those arch gaps are comical you'll love my Laguna GT.

Definitely not lowering it. Put the car down the drive for the first time last night. Part of the exhaust properly scraped. I don't think the massive Scorpion system, that probably weighs more than me, helps, but still...

I know that i'm retarded with money, but i'm not paying out to sort the drive, just for the sake of lowering a car a little bit. Be reeeeeeeet as it is.

Standard Sunflower FTW.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm clearing this thread out.

I know you three enjoy this crap, but it's the same repeated "jokes" over and over and over.

You can pester eachother on facebook as Greggles has mentioned, so keep it off here please.

/Serious.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Took me ages to work out why you had 2 stickers, thought you had gone to some mega effort with 2 pics and PS lol

I really really love it. It shows dirt soo much more than any other car i've owned though. Ditched already :(.

Just fitted some clear side repeaters, to get rid of the crappy standard orange ones.
I was going to give the Engine Bay a clean, but its cold out there (i'm allowed to use that as a valid excuse now, seeing as I own a girl's car).

De-Dealershiped The Rear

Just decided to get rid of the crappy dealership sticker on the rear end. Cue a heat gun + nails...

af45e401.jpg

You could tell it had been on for quite a few years LOL.

Heres a photo of the car with the sticker on, not that anyone would care what dealership etc it is...
6791975713_b533acc6b7_z.jpg

Sunflower Ph1 - The First Pics by Harpham y0, on Flickr

I also cleaned out inbetween the boot and body, as it was mouldy and full of crap.

Its a good job that I will be detailing the car tomorrow, with Feirny getting in on the action too, seeing as it looks like this:
9acc02fd.jpg

Only got washed on Saturday LOL. I see that yellow is a fun colour to keep clean. :eek:

I noticed that the rear bumper must be faded as part which is covered by the tailgate is still a colour match, so hopefully, tomorrow's session will bring the colour back out.
Should also be adding my CS stickers tomorrow and RS mats. :)