ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Jesus, got our work cut out.
Most of that is from the roads on my travels up to Buxton today. Proper dirty country roads all the way.
Be reeeeet though. All that dirt will come off easily.
By the time you're down here too, I would have already given it the initial wash, so you'll miss out on alot of the fun.
SHED! But I love it, don't bother cleaning, it will never be as clean as mine :D
Meh. As it currently stands, its in better shape than yours ;). Tomorrow, you will feel violated when you see how clean it is.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I know :( I'm suprised my car didn't blow up on my journey back home, when I got in the oil wasn't even registering on the dip stick.

Need to get a DA onto the car and get it CLEEAAANNN.

Harphamominom and Feirny detail the shed and take some photos

Today, Feirny and I had organised a play date. So I started up bright and early, to get this Sunflower on route to looking back to factory fresh...

Before:
6887072089_74b3f724b5_z.jpg

Sunflower Detail - Before by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6887072937_20a822efcd_z.jpg

6887073693_9cac434a17_z.jpg

I then took the side strips off to get the crap cleaned underneath. Also tried to remove my number plates, but the screws have rounded off, so couldn't get them off :( . ffs

Snow Foaming:
6887074491_7f60a98a96_z.jpg

Sunflower Detail - Snow Foam by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6887075651_80127670ff_z.jpg

6887076291_e229109f4c_z.jpg

I then moved onto Claying. Jesus Christ, it is the worst car that I have ever clayed. To give you an idea, after doing half of the roof, this is what I was left with:
ad3ec0cc.jpg

Some of the other panels, such as the bonnet and rear bumper were even worse :S.

At this point, Greg arrived. We went straight to Halfords to pick up some bits that I needed, including a new rear wiper, tar remover and some 3M velcro ready for when I get new plates.

Ater this, we started on the car. Due to 1. it looking like it was going to rain and 2. a general "cant be arsed" attitude, we/I decided to do a quick job. So we both zoomed around the car, before any rain arrived, with the plan to just bring a bit of shine back and to make sure that it was sealed up to protect it until I have chance to go over it properly when it warms up.

After finishing up, Greg and I went for some photo wh0ring... (ill whack my shoddy photos in here, but i'm sure Greg will be along later with some much better shots).
6887077133_91a67d27d9_z.jpg

Detail After - Photoshoot With Feirny by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6887077859_422c4a8539_z.jpg

6887079941_b46ce21fe1_z.jpg

6887080825_b46fcd38bf_z.jpg

Fitted my CSS sticker:
6887081567_2f29d40f98_z.jpg

6887082155_82c22f6b70_z.jpg

Also fitted my CS URL sticker, which I put on slightly wonky FFS!!!
6887083121_8a0993ff0f_z.jpg

The car is still a massive swirl bus, but atleast now its protected and looks a lot cleaner than previously. Hope you like. :)

(Thanks Greg for coming down today. Been a good laugh. We'll have to have another play date when you detail the Trophy)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, in some of those pictures its looking more liquid than sunflower.

Gregs looks good too, clean at least!

So in short, you washed it? ;)
C'monnnnnnnn, Rhys is winning by far.
AS IFFFFFF!!!! :rasp: My before pictures are better than what Rhys will come up with ;).

Products used:
- Snow foam
- Bilberry wheel cleaner
- Think it was some crappy Tropicare shampoo (currently low on stock with things)
- AG Tar Remover
- i4d Yellow Clay Bar
- Menzerna Power Finish
- Lime Prime
- Zaino Z2 (iirc?) Sealant
- AG Glass Cleaner
- AG Tyre Shine
- Some Bumper/Plastic stuff too. Can't remember what brand, as Greg did all that. *AG Bumper Care.

Think that's everything. I'm pretty low on everything atm, so even if we had done it properly, it would have still been a pikey detail lol. For what we did though, it does look a million times cleaner. Started to bring the colour back out of the rear bumper too. Still faded, but I only did one pass with the DA over it, so the result was pretty encouraging.
Pre-CSS will be the big one where I literally go all out and make a massive "Gally inspired" shopping list.

If Rhys beats me, you'll see my detailing gear go up for sale :rasp:.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Ditch that exhaust. Car looks good though I do really like them in yellow maybe one day. ;)

I have a stealth waiting to be put on. Just haven't bothered sorting it yet lol.
Ill probably sort it at some point in the next week or so. Get rid of that monstrocity of an exhaust lol.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Lol @ selling detailing gear!

We shall see my friend, we shall see. I'm debating whether to leave the "big detail" till before CSS too and just take a few days off before it...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Love the colour coded clay bar, but WTF are you doing using about a kilo of the stuff in one go !? Half of that, or less, is a much better idea. Especially when you drop it and are then stuffed having to throw the lot away after doing half the front wing :rasp:

Just had a go at light painting. Everyone seems to be trying it atm, so thought id jump on the bandwagon. The place where I went to was totally pitch black. No street lights or anything, bar the sky that had a red/orangey glow, my CS torch and passing vehicles.

6912431967_81fa1aa96b_z.jpg

Tried Light Painting by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6912432947_d2dff9322f_z.jpg

Tried Light Painting by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Obviously massive n00b shots, but I really enjoyed playing about with this. When I learn how to do it properly, ill go out again and have another play.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Really like this car, craigs supercharged one had 100,000 miles worth of swirls lol Was a nightmare but check the recent pics of his and it still looks amazing 8 months down the line