ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has insurance got cheaper this year?

Titanium ph1 turbo
Last year paid £330 fully comp for my ph1 172 which I thought was expensive... this year it's £180.. (34 with 11yrs ncb, no points/accidents)..

Have premiums reduced this year or something?? Nearly half as cheap.

Titanium ph1 turbo
If I can get quidco to work I'll get another £50 off with Churchill too making it £130.. :S

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Well seduce my ancient footwear! (f**k my old boots)

I'm a level 1 advanced Police pursuit driver and I pay twice as much for my insurance than you.

Living in the south sucks balls!!

No it doesnt Ron

Ours so far this year
911 unlimited miles comp 186
S4 cab inc business use 242
172 cup 350 comp

Both those are way les than last year

Titanium ph1 turbo
Well seduce my ancient footwear! (f**k my old boots)

I'm a level 1 advanced Police pursuit driver and I pay twice as much for my insurance than you.

Living in the south sucks balls!!

Yeah but then again all you guys down London probably earn £500 a day in the city.. or at least earn 40% more doing the equivelant job... all relative ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The dog kennel's premium has gone from £450-£400ish in the past few years,
and I live in a sh*t hole estate in Coventry, Brentacre are the best insurers i've ever had.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mine's down to £750 today.

The last 3 years:
£1200 - £1000 - £750

Fingers crossed for £500 next year!

ok so I'm hoping ill see a drop this year also!! Happy days if it does!

I am stunned at the moment at costs dropping , in fact our friends have just insured their son on his first car after passing his test last week , 18 and 1200 quid on a ford KA

seemed very cheap considering they live in hornchurch

182 Cup
The dog kennel's premium has gone from £450-£400ish in the past few years,
and I live in a sh*t hole estate in Coventry, Brentacre are the best insurers i've ever had.

My renewal quote was about £60 less than last year. Called then up as I'd had a 50/50 accident on the mrs policy on her car. Added it on, guy from Brentacre says I'll just check your premium again to see how it affects it. 5 mins later tells me it has no effect. Lol. :D

clio 182 sport
yep ..... but the others have full individual no claims , and the cup no claims were mirrored from the fact we have the others and its got mods

Ive been working in insurance for years and think some things need to change, especially the way ncb works, your ncb should be on the person not individual policys if that makes sense.

Ive been working in insurance for years and think some things need to change, especially the way ncb works, your ncb should be on the person not individual policys if that makes sense.

yep have to build it up on all the cars ...which when you have 4 is a pain in the arse ..... have an accident in 1 and it effects them all , so they have you whichever way :(

RB182cup&golf gti

Yes this really annoys me as I only drive one car at a time. Stupid rule.
OP - that seems like a really good price. I'm 38 with 12 yr NBC and pay 300ish

clio 182 sport
Yes this really annoys me as I only drive one car at a time. Stupid rule.
OP - that seems like a really good price. I'm 38 with 12 yr NBC and pay 300ish

Its not the fact that you only drive 1 at a time because your other car could get stolen while your driving your other car.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
No it doesnt Ron

Ours so far this year911 unlimited miles comp 186
S4 cab inc business use 242
172 cup 350 comp

Both those are way les than last year

Both? But you've quoted three!? ;) :rasp:

had a quote for the Trophy, fully comp, everything declared (inc. cage, AST's, brakes, buckets etc etc)
and that was just shy of £250 :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I only paid £270 to insure the Focus this year. Down from £580 last year. Good price IMO.

S4 Avant
Be interesting to see what mine is this year. Last year it made no financial sense to insure both cars.

​Hoping to see the lower side of £600 on the Audi and even less for the clio.

Manchester postcodes are still poor for insurance, granted a little cheaper at the moment but still nowhere near as competitive as alot of the quotes in the posts above.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
7 years no claims this time, remewal's just come through at £440. £40 cheaper than last year

Think yourselves lucky... £1,100 for a 1.2 :(

I've been there! Sucks.

£630 this year on a 182. 2 years NCB, no prior experience of a car of its type (Was told this would bring it down further). Bit late to the party but heading further into the over 25's bracket this year so all in all I'm very happy with that! Hoping next years will see another reasonable drop.

Suzuki Jimny
PMSL. £400 for a £18k car. Doesn't make sense! Won't be complaining when I renew though!