ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have i been ripped off?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
maybe we should start an 'import clio owners section'

Yeah, do it. I'd definitely join. I have an imported 1.6 Dynamique +. All it was missing was an alarm. I wasn't fussed about it at the time. ( It now has a Viper alarm). All I cared about was that it was a UK spec car. I paid nearly 2k less for it being as it came from Germany. My Insurance Company weren't bothered that it's an import either, didn't cost me any more than a normal UK Clio. I really don't see why people get all worked up about imports. :rolleyes:

Saxo VTS
Some more detials on this Dan fellow would be good as I'm looking for a 172 atm and those prices sound right up my street.

They can be more difficult to resell though because many people want a UK spec car. I'm sure my import still had the 3 year's AA cover.

most of the imports were full UK spec car - my yellow 172 was an import, but it had the ally bonnet, full Cat 1 alarm, 6-disc multichanger etc., and was absolutely no different to a UK car.

EP3 Civic Type R
Maybe my 51 172 is an import? No red marking on the rev counter and wing mirror adjusts the oposite side your turned to

Mini Cooper S sport
most of the imports were full UK spec car - my yellow 172 was an import, but it had the ally bonnet, full Cat 1 alarm, 6-disc multichanger etc., and was absolutely no different to a UK car.

My 172 wasn't, it didn't have an alarm, locking wheel nuts or window etching. That was the only difference though.

I was slightly seen off by the dealer though, although he told me it was a parallel import I didn't know they were worth less, he also told me it had an alarm and I only found out it didn't on the day it was delivered to me! It's funny how 'charming' dealers turn nasty when you complain. He asked me if I wanted to return the car and to this day I regret not doing it, he was an asshole.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Rubbish . Imports as in European spec imports cost exactly the same as UK cars to insure . I'm on my second import . I think your getting confused with grey imports such as from Japan where the specs are different i.e. usually not undersealed and no rear foglights as in the Eunos roadsters .

Imports WILL sell for less a lot of the time - Go and trade it in and see what they say. There is a difference. You most likely bought it for less, so you'll get less for it when you sell it. Not rocket science.

Exactly.