ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDMI Cables?

SQ5
Except for the state categorically that anything over 22.8m needs a cable equaliser to work correctly ;)

Exactly what I was thinking, we've even used 25m with them built in and they haven't worked, that was a ball ache!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I moved to HDMI on the xbox a few months back and the difference was much more than I expected.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you've got a biggish tv the difference is night and day!

SQ5
No, but we've used a few different solutions in the past. Base T single Cat6 dongles carry Ethernet, HDMI, RS232 and IR on a single cat cable!

We use Wyrestorm

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
What would people recommend if the tv only has 1 HDMI port?

Currently I have my 360 on hd component and sky on HDMI.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Not much point if he's using component though. There's nothing wrong with it unless he wants to attach something else HD

Is hdmi significantly better than component hd? That's all I'd rather connect up.

Ill also be getting a media streamer that's hd for Christmas.

Can anyone recommend a splitter to connect 3 x hdmi's to 1 x tv hdmi slot?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
@ SteBurns

If you were using a scart cable before the maximum resolution you would have been able to get would be 576 pixels high on your screen.

HDMI gives you the viewing pleasure of 720 pixels or 1080 pixels depending on your tv.
The clarity of picture and sound should be LOADS better.

As *badger* said earlier, I agree with him in using www.thatcable.co.uk

Bought my HDMI leads from there - £5 or £6 each.
Easily compare short term to the £30 - £40 IXOS cables I have the Bluray hooked up with.