ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

He’s making a turbo in his garage!

anyone out there running a turbo or s/cs 172? i hear that the torque steer problems just get really bad, is this true/can anything be done about torque steer?

Lionel Richie

Dave??? Where did you hear that??? as far as anyone knows, no turbo/SC 172s exist, Capt (and a few others) are the first to do it i think

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea i know, i saw it first time, its wicked, whose car is that on ?

who made the logo ?

Erm, can you make "Captains Special" or something suitable cheesey out of the normal Renault badges/lettering?

How about "Blow me down" or "Shiver me Turbos";)

Ha ha!!!!

Hi Doods.. :D

hee hee, nice one Ben m8.. ta..

well, I would certainly appreciate the image.

Just got back from London about 20 mins ago.. I am a qualified hacker lol.. mind you, I should be.. at 4 grand a week for the bloody course !.

No network will be safe again.. Mohahahahahaha

Joe..

GR7

Shiny red R32

Welcome Back Joe! Hope you enjoyed your hacking course, perhaps you can put it into practice by nosing into the Admin Team Secret Gang Hut as they have now got 18 secret messages! Wonder what they are hatching up in there!;)

networking hacking course?! 4k?! do you mind explaining..... ? do not mean you mean you have sat a networking infrastucture course?

BTW... the badge kicks arse, would look even better on "my" valver :D if only i had a blower to back it up tho :cry:

Hi Gr, might take a look (with their permission of course ! :eek:) if they want to know its secure.....

Rockport. Hi dood..

no, its not an infrastructure course at all, that sort of thing I have been doing for years.. I am MCSE * 2 etc and have been for many years.. also COmpaq ASE Acredited etc..

its an ISS Ethical Hacking / network penetration course. Its designed for network security managers etc.. to learn the finer points of real world network hacking and penetration.. little goodies like traceroute and port probing through a blocked firewall and reverse engineering of firewall rule tables... os identification from packet header returns to non std packets, dns spoofing, dns server hacking, session hijacking, arp spoofing, multiple proxy source hiding etc etc.. all good stuff. !. It relies heavily on Linux and nitty gritty tcp/ip stack / rfc features.

Loved it !

Joe.

How about the big lettered "Renault" and "Turbo" from the 5 GT Turbo, like on the BB Tuning turbo-nutter Clio??

Basically it just says Capt. Slarty powered.

I have about 20 so if you would like one just PM me.........a tiny bit of money involved as it did cost me money to get them made.

in Black/White/Gold.......gold & white looks ace on a red/blue car!!

BRUN....its on my car.

I think something like 225 with ease. :cool:

30% more power is common when you had a turbo.

BTW , Technomap a tuner based in Dieppe can push the power up to 227hp NA , tested on the car of a Clio Sport owner.

well....when i talked to him hes aiming for about 280...!!

anyway, our cliocuo racer on std engine bar magneti marelli ignition and Renault Sport throttle bodis pushes out 215bhp...shows how restrictive the std setup is eh!!

we also have a set of renault sport cams comming.....well see!

I think 280 are way too much.

I doubt about the reliability when you consider it other a long term period , unless you mod the camshaft , valves , cylinder head...

The stock engine can support up to 200hp , that is the power the Cup version could have had.

well....its a good thing that the tubo is a complete new unit with components deigned FOR a turbo.

Its the turbo anciliaries off the vel satis and new megane and espace 2ltr turbos.

It uses the turbo crank, 172 head and block, turbo cams, custom low CR pistons etc etc.....spec IS huge.

and it will be running near the 280bhp mark or posibly over is h can get it to.

The stock engine can handle close to 250bhp as our cliocup race has 215hbp on stock internals and individual throttle bodies and the magneti marelli ignition control.....were waiting for the Renault Sport cams to arrive.

Leon Cupra

Correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t know a lot about cars but isn’t it the bottom end of the engine that gets hammered by a turbo (e.g. pistons, rods and crank) and not the top end (e.g. cams, valves and stuff like that).Its probably just me because I know sod all about cars.

Tim.

well....yes.....

in all engines, the crank and rods recieve most of the ounishment as they are taking all teh energy from the expanding gas and are converting it from linear kinetic energy to torsional kinetic energy.....

the head and all thins in it havea much easier life.

whip on a turbo, and the pistons come into play more so than they do on a NA motor as the dynamic CR is higher.

and the bottom end gets a real p[ounding from all that torque.

so, yup....bottom end = expensive on a turbo.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 September 2002

well....its a good thing that the tubo is a complete new unit with components deigned FOR a turbo.

Its the turbo anciliaries off the vel satis and new megane and espace 2ltr turbos.

It uses the turbo crank, 172 head and block, turbo cams, custom low CR pistons etc etc.....spec IS huge.

and it will be running near the 280bhp mark or posibly over is h can get it to.

The stock engine can handle close to 250bhp as our cliocup race has 215hbp on stock internals and individual throttle bodies and the magneti marelli ignition control.....were waiting for the Renault Sport cams to arrive.
I meant Renault had tested the engine at 200hp with all the required and expected reliabilty.

Increasing the power is one thing , but the braking system needs huge mods with such power , 17" rims are required for bigger disks , pot-callippers and so on.

The same applies to the chassis , needs rigidification and gas race suspensions.

With so much money spent , would not it be better to buy a new V6 ?

I know the inssurance is ways more expensive at you , but I wonder if it would not be a better choice. :confused:

true......you would need to upgrade, but im not sure if you need to do it to that extent. the race clios only use 15" wheels and laguna calipers/discs/strusts.......so i dont think it would need to be massively upgraded.......LOL, but i wouldnt like to be in a std clio with 280bhp! haha

but i think he has planned that out already.

but i guess half of the point is that this conversion only cost him the best part of 3,000 quid....so for that money, you couldnt afford a V6.....and this would probably be faster than a V6 (which isnt that fast.....but sounds soooooooooo good).

also, i think the building of it, over comming problems and seeing the final result as your own handicraft is worth much more.

How much is a V6 at you please ?

it was I think 36000€ in France , I think the new one will cost 38-39K or the equivalent of £23-25K in the UK.

in the UK they were about 23-35k.....which is a tiny bit pricey.

but his clio only cost 11.2K or something.

In hong kong we sell the V6 @ $340,000 or 26.6K pounds, and the new MK2 V6 will cost $400,000!!!!!! insane huh!!! but many rich men buy them here.

They will cry when they will realise how fast the new one going to be.

Would to mind to email me if the turbo Clio Sport project moves forward ?

I would like to post news in the French forums , some people wanted to turbocharge their Clio Sport.

Thanks in advance.

no problems!

we are bringing in the 1st shipment of MK2 V6s in march next year...should be cool!

but 260bhp is alright, but i think the major inprovement will be the chassis as when i drive ours its very very iffy and not comformtable to pitch it into corners....

tell your clio friends that the turbo lump from the velsatis, megane and espace will swap straight over!

This time the Clio V6 will be a track killer , at last.

New version of the 6 speed gearbox , better chassis and suspension settings... :D

I can not wait to see its lap time on the nurburgring north , and see matches against the Golf R32 :)sick:) and the 147 GTA.

the 147 GTA!!! now theres a crazy car!!!

golf...blach!

when i test it next march...ill send movie footage!

To come back a little more to the thread (my apologies for being sometimes a little out of subject) , a guy of the RS Team has a 227hp Clio Sport (called Clio RS in France) , he wastes S2000s on tracks (ouf course) and also on straight lines , as well as 330is.

Hes got a 950kg Clio (almost empty interior) and 227hp.

Is more power necessary ? Would it be more efficient ?

I am wondering.

Quote: Originally posted by deuginthesky on 29 September 2002

To come back a little more to the thread (my apologies for being sometimes a little out of subject) , a guy of the RS Team has a 227hp Clio Sport (called Clio RS in France) , he wastes S2000s on tracks (ouf course) and also on straight lines , as well as 330is.

Hes got a 950kg Clio (almost empty interior) and 227hp.

Is more power necessary ? Would it be more efficient ?

I am wondering.

we call it the clio RS here in HK too.....

and our race clio with std bottom end, head and only the throttle bodies is making 215bhp....so its not hard....theoretically...the motor should be able to make 641BHP......THOERETICALLY...but about 80% of this or 512BHP is more realistic.....

as i state....THEORY THEORY THEORY...LOL

but it could make 300brake with enough money...LOL