ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight Clouding after Restoration

Had a crack at my headlights today. Stepped up through various grades to 2000. Finished them up with Scratch-X. Looking absolutely gorgeous.
Then as soon as wiped with microfibre cloth as per the instructions they instantly cloud up. Almost like a condensation.

Kyle 86 suggested some G4 for finishing the job, which I've just ordered. So hopefully this will solve it?

Cheers

It's more likely that you've not managed to polish the sanding marks out. This could be down to a number of issues - the first being the grade of wet and dry paper used (i.e. too coarse), the second being hand polishing is never going to get the results that machine polishing can.

Ph2 172
10 minutes with a machine polisher and some polishing compound they will be crystal clear. Or if you want to do it by hand a good few hours.
If you dont have access to a machine polisher, just get an attachment for the drill, but be careful with your speed.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Also make sure you actually work the polish, yes I know it sounds silly but I have seen someone apply SRP let it haze and then buff it off. If your doing that with the scratch x it wont be doing its job.

Reason I suggest is because I done mine with 2500 grit paper and worked scratch x by hand and was left no hazing at all. So not much of a different method to you but no hazing. Yeah they're not perfect on mine still but they're clear to look through.