ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heal + Toe Pedals - clio mk2 1.4

Bas

Clio Mk2 ph2 1.4 16v
Hi Guys,

I've had a clio for 6 months now, and did my first trackday a couple of weeks ago. The limiting factor by the end of the day was not being able to heel + toe. Having now learned on the standard pedals, I would like to swap them for a more sporty heel and toe oriented set up. The only issue being, the accelerator pedal on this type of clio (perhaps all non sport models) is a bent steel rod with a plastic clip over it for the pedal! does any one know of an adapter for it, so that i could bolt a standard sport pedal kit over the accelerator?

I have already done the brake and clutch, as these are 'normal' - and typically unnecessary for heeling and toeing! Just wondering if anyone has come across a system for this type of accelerator pedal!!

Any help much appreciated!

Bas

Bas

Clio Mk2 ph2 1.4 16v
Well, thats what I'm not really sure about! would the various sensors etc.. all be ok? just a strait swap? Or if I bought a whole new unit, could I just swap it!?

And just for information, this is a ph2 1.4 16v clio so would a ph1 172 pedal still work?

Thanks!!

Bas

clio 182
Same as the 182, not very easy!

I was thinking about this, and the best option I thought of was a floor mounted pedal box, but that's a hell of a lot of work!

Wat do the cup racers run? If its standard then if they can manage I can manage ;)

Corsa Van. Meh.
Same as the 182, not very easy!

I was thinking about this, and the best option I thought of was a floor mounted pedal box, but that's a hell of a lot of work!

Wat do the cup racers run? If its standard then if they can manage I can manage ;)

Cup racers run a sequential box so do not need to heel and toe.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Heal & toe is easy on the 1*2s, so just fit the pedal from one of them i guess?

This.

The main thing you need is a steady consistent brake pedal position, so that regardless of how hard you're braking, the pedal's always in the same position relative to the throttle.

The best way to do that is braided lines and a good bleed.

Then just get practicing on either rolling off the brake onto the throttle, or doing the actual heel/toe thing by pivoting your foot around a little and blipping the throttle with your heel.

Clio 182 BG
iirc there was a throttle pedal wich was wider then the original pedal , so the gap between the brake and the throttle pedal is smaller

Bas

Clio Mk2 ph2 1.4 16v
Cheers for the replies guys!! i've bought a new wider specific accelerator pedal, just need to make myself a clamp to clamp it on to the steel tube that makes the lever for the pedal... its not too essential as i can now do it fairly consistently, i just think it would make it a little easier when in a track environment.

Old thread i know, but i'm sure i read you can convert the drive by wire setup to a cable, is this possible on the 182 easily?