ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello to the old-school & question

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello to see how many of the Cliosport old-school were still here.

I'm moving to the centre of Bristol with a new job, so I've just sold my 300bhp Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo and am now using my other half's '02 1.2 Authentique. Talk about a step-down in performace lol! :rolleyes: It's not all bad though: the money is in the bank, I've had a refund on the insurance and I had fun "beating" a Ford Ka off the Severn Bridge tolls today. :D

Anyway, another reason to sell my car was that my other half is working abroad this summer. It makes sense to keep the 1.2 until then, but after that I think I'll be getting desperate for something better to drive (although I guess my annual mileage will be sub 5,000).

We'll be sharing a car for the foreseeable futute. Interestingly, the only one of my recent cars that she'd drive was my 172 (bought from Daipac). So, I was wondering what the news is on the Mk3 Renaultsport Clio? I reckon I could afford one of these babies when they come out, as long as it doesn't stand out too much on the street (always thought the 172 was good for this - it never attracted as much unwanted attention as my Williams did).

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
hiya mate...i am probably not old school enough for you..but as we have had a sudden influx of new members i consider myself to be older than quite a few.

i raced off the tolls a couple of weeks ago...great fun..

you'll also be another local boy...lots of members in bristol now..

the news on the rs3 is that it will be released around september i think..don't quote me though..hope that helps

Ad

MK2 FRS
Welcome back mate....

Not many people who have been around as long as you!!! lol

silver valver/hybrid
blimey, blast from the past! what you really want is a black valver eh ben? hehe

I actually lived in Bristol between 1999 and 2003 as a student, so it's a kind of second home-coming for me. :)

I'm going to wait and see how this year pans out in terms of cars. There's absolutely no way I could keep a car to "Ben H" standards outside of the flat in Bristol (main road in Clifton village with 1-hour max parking), but I'm hoping to buy a house with a garage or yard later in 2006.

Yeah, maybe I need one of these... ;)

286766_33_full.jpg

With Smoothed Clio's Naples Red one.

286766_21_full.jpg

BenR's blue Valver with my mate's in between my black one.

286766_58_full.jpg

Williams No.123

Welcome back dude! (Im not a n00b really)

123 is a classic! :D

I like the look of the 197, just going to be interesting to see how it actually drives and how much the stealers are actaully going to want for one..

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Good evening matey, good to hear your doing well.

I would wait untill the 'revised' renault sport comes out or the 'cup' version.

C

Cupster

Pure Oldskool!! lol

Yeah not to impressed with the look of the RS3, like above I am waiting for a cup version to maybe sway me!