ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello

RS Clio 200

Hello, Im new here - just thought Id introduce myself.

I sold my 306 GTi6 last week and yesterday bought a 53 Plate 172 Cup.

Still getting used to it, doesnt seem as small as I expected, but its quite "pointy". I think - "I want to be over there"...and Im there

If my experience with 306 owners is anything to go by I would expect Id be considered old - Im 41 :(

BTW - If I want to top up the brake fluid can I just unclip the "wire" and unscrew the cap?

500bhp Scoob

Welcome to Cliosport :)

Not sure about the brake fluid on the newer clios, including the RSs, but on the mk1s its just a case of unscrew the cap, no need to unclip anything :)

Evening fella, glad to hear youre enjoying it. The 306 always has a reputation for a good chassis so interesting to hear youre impressed with the clio. Old ? pah there are older on here, complete with werthers original, tartan rugs and piss bags (you know who you are ;) )

Hiya Nick............."considered old" yep you got that one rite................VERY old :D.....................only jokin................did you not consider a Vee.......just curious?

Cya Stu

RS Clio 200

The GTi6 always felt like it was a bit Jeckyll and Hyde - below 4k revs it seemed to bog down. Above 4k it was a case of hold on tight.

The Clio seems to respond much sooner. Its early days yet - Im still getting used to her.

I would have loved a V6 - two things got in the way 1) I couldnt afford one 2) My 10 year daughter wouldnt fit in the back

RS Clio 200

I tried to persuade her, make it a bit of a game, but no, she wouldnt let me close the boot....

Clio V6 255

I tried to persuade her, make it a bit of a game, but no, she wouldnt let me close the boot....

That made me laugh out loud. :D

Dont worry about the age thing, there are plenty of us old uns amongst these whippersnappers.

RS Clio 200

On the 306 forum I was one of the oldest members, wonder what it is about the Clio that doesnt put off the slightly more senior driver?

welcome u got the best clio;)!!

there are some nice mods you can do to make the car just that little better but for body styling on the 172/182 "leave it!"

Lee

BMW M2C

Welcome to Cliosport.

I had a Black GTi-6 a few years ago. I had to sell when I got a company car but when it was time to buy a car again I thought the Civic Type R would be the one. For me it wasnt, Ive now had 3 Renaultsport Clios and loved each one of them.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Welcome to Cliosport! Take no notice of Stu and his ageist comments, ;) hes just a young un with a nice car and he gives me stick all the time :D For what its worth Im older than you and I get on fine here. Get that thing to a trackday asap! :D

Yep just good OLD banter eh Mike :D

Cya Stu

PS Nick talk to Mike about oil...........it could save a bit of cash!

[Edited by stusV6 on 03 July 2005 at 3:25am]

RS Clio 200

Thanks for the welcome guys.

The Clio came with a Viper induction kit, lowered (but doesnt seem to be a massive drop) and a stainless steel sports exhaust.

Im not too keen on the noise of the exhaust so Ive been talking to my regular mechanic about reducing it.

Ive no plans to change anything else....

for the brake fluid, just hold the wire, and twist the cap, it will come of, the wired bit spins around so doesnt nedd to move with the cap

hi by the way

106 GTi

Welcome to Cliosport.

I have recently taken the plunge and brought a RS Clio, after years of Pug hot hatches, 306, 309 and 205s.

Enjoy.

RS Clio 200

182_blue - thanks for the tip about the brake fluid, Ill give it a go.

BTW - I live just east of Manchester. Really close to Woodhead Pass ;)

CLIO

Quote: Originally posted by nickc on 02 July 2005

On the 306 forum I was one of the oldest members, wonder what it is about the Clio that doesnt put off the slightly more senior driver?
welcome buddy,you will have to come to the muscrat meet sometime,as for your quote above"maybe it brings the kid out of you old ones"runs and hides.

enjoy your car mate...cheers james

Welcome, I also went from a GTI6 to a 172 cup, very good choice, had to sell the GTI6 as bits started to go badly wrong, french engineering at its best !! How long till the clio starts going ?!? The engine bolts have already snapped !! - Fixed under warranty, all the best with yours mate.

RS Clio 200

Topped up the brake fluid - held the "wire" and turned the cap, it was flippin tight but it moved eventually.

The GTI6 was a great car and I sold her with only 53k miles (on an R plate) so things hadnt yet started to go wrong.

I just hope the Clio will be as good.