ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help - cd changer.

im thinking of investing in the pioneer 8600 for my mark 2 clio. Ive found the basic pioneer 6 disc changer for 89.99 but wondered how simple it is to install myself, or whether its worth paying the 50 quid to have it done profesionally.

any advice? what are the processes involved in installing a autochanger(in the boot of course)

also, if you think i should pay to ahve it done then is there much point in installing my head unit seeing as though the people instaling the autochanger would ahve to take it out anyway?

thanks

Have you actually brought it yet? Id put more towards the hu and make sure it can handle mp3s you then dont need a changer.

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 21 October 2004

Have you actually brought it yet? Id put more towards the hu and make sure it can handle mp3s you then dont need a changer.
Agreed, buit if you do want one they arent hard to fit really, its just a matter of feeding the wires

ye it handles mp3s but i still want one. nothin beats the real cds to have in rotation with an mp3 compilation in the head unit.:p

you say a matte rof feeding the wires? how do you get them behind where the head unit is, do you have to remov ehte dash at all?

Good choice on h/unit....

T45 socket to take out passenger seat belt bar, then 5 minutes to run cable to boot....pioneer changer also has a small earth lead on plug that plugs into changer so earth in boot somewhere.......goodluck..

seems to complictatedto me..i reckon ill just buy the head unit and then if i am really desperate get the autochanger and have it installed professionally. The appeal of it was thta its only 89.99 here http://www.cel-direct.com/shop1.asp?s_page=radio-cd.asphttp://www.cel-direct.com/shop1.asp?s_page=radio-cd.asp but 50 quid to get it installed would be a bit gay and would defeat the object of spending as little as possible.

you said good choice on head unit? have u used this one because im after some reveiws of it.

thanks

Not personally, but i work for a car audio place (prob one of the best in the country for custom installs......not bragging)......the head unit has amazing features, good screen, obviously mp3 compatability..a good all round deck...

sound quality wise youd be looking at an alpine or nakamichi headunit but off the net the pioneer would be at a very good price....i cant believe how cheap they can be sold for on the net, less overheads i suppose....

ye the cheapest i found is 359 quid. BARGAIN i thinki halfords sell it for 600 quid or somethign stupid like that. whats ur opinion on the model up the 9600? i know the actual features are basically identical and its the dual screen which is different. I like this aswell but reckon it may be a bit over the top in a clio dash. hav u seen this in the flesh - how does it look?

looks cool, pioneer had a problem when they first released the dual face units, in the fact that they kept breaking,....lol but now its been sorted and they are pretty cool units.....the colour face isnt quite as good as the oel blue one, but hey, its colour........

really depends on personal choice...theres hundreds to choose from...

its between those two and im definately ordering next week, but im swaying towards the 8600 simply because its colour will suit the clio dash more, as the features are near identical.

thanks for the help^

[Edited by mhova on 21 October 2004 at 11:04pm]