ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help CLIO DCI 80 STOP LIGHT + GLOW PLUG LIGHT ON TURBO

phase 2 172
Hi got few problems with car
1. When the turbo kicks in 3 warning lights come on.... STOP light, Engine light and glow plug light. Anyone got any ideas what it can be?? The car does seem to perform ok though.

2 Sometimes the fog light warning lamp comes on. When i indicate :S

3. It also take a bit longer than expected to start :( starts 2nd time not first.

:( not looking good :(

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Jon

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Right...

Hi got few problems with car

1. When the turbo kicks in 3 warning lights come on.... STOP light, Engine light and glow plug light. Anyone got any ideas what it can be?? The car does seem to perform ok though.

Not sure on this 1 il have a think about it

2 Sometimes the fog light warning lamp comes on. When i indicate :S

More than likely a bad earth/short in the rear light clusters, take them out and clean up the connectors

3. It also take a bit longer than expected to start :( starts 2nd time not first.

Give it a bit more time to warm up the plugs, if not then try a new set of plugs

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
welcome to the world of dci's ... when it comes on boost what does it drive like ? is it lagging or does it pull clean right round ?

as for starting problems possibly glowplugs or a dodgy egr valve may hinder its starting.

and for the fog its probs a poor earth somewere along the lines but good luck finding it , id say just clean up all the contacts etc

phase 2 172
It has not got code faults stored :( Because soon as i drop it down below 70 (2.5rpm) the warning lights go out :( Could egr valve cause the turbo prob? warning lights

thanks
ck

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Unlucky! I always want to get another DCI but sometimes feel like mine was just a good'un. Would hate to run into problems with one personally.

As for your problem, does it lose power when the lights come on? And do they stay on above 2.5k or just come on for a few seconds and then go out?

phase 2 172
Got my egr valve off, but how do i clean it now?? how does it come apart?? i removed the whole housing ( 3 bolts) but now its off i am stumped :S

phase 2 172
Update:

The warning lights do not come on until 4rpm in 2nd gear and the car still performs witht hem on. In 3rd gear it comes on at 3rpm..

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
just want a degresant cleaner but not to harsh .

all sounds a bit strange to me , could even be a dodgy contact somewere .

Toyota Prius
Try searching in other sources from the net in order to find out the problem fro the Stop Light plus the Glow Plug light on Turbo. It can be some faulty electrical thing or some parts are busted. Not sure about that but try to research even further on that one.