ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP (In a Penelope Pitstop Voice)

Leon Cupra R 225
Ok, i have a problem, bare with me because its a long story.................................................................................................

Ive got an X plate 172 with a goosed drivers side track rod (not the track rod end), now my mechanic (best mate) has phoned nearly every renault garage in Scotland to ask about this.
Bought a track rod from Renault, went to fit it and its doesnt fit (wrong thread)
So (bare with me), renault are saying i must have had a different steering column or rack or whatever the hell it is fitted!!

Eh no i havnt, so that means it must be a different column or rack on mine to every other blinking 172!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH, getting new tyres on tomorrow (Eagle F1's) and aint getting the tracking done until the track rod is fixed. (waste of money and time).

So what to do???

See if i can get the part number of the column/rack and marry it up to a track rod or re-thread the bugger?

Lionel Richie
MATT BLACK is the man you need to speak to, go find out your chassis number (passenger side bottom corner of windscreen)

Leon Cupra R 225
Thanx, Renault have all that and they still come back with the same excuse!:argue:

Leon Cupra R 225
Nope, im the second owner, a 30ish woman doctor had it before me, dont think it went over 3000rpm while she had it.

Got it checked before i bought it, including a pnc check