ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me freshen up my 182

Hey there,

My 182 has 170,000kms on the clock. Want to freshen it up a bit and get it handling like it did when it left the factory :)

Have allready done

Solid engine mounts
Powerflex bushes - dogbone, front wishbones and front anti roll bar.
Running Eibach Sportlines and planning soon to get a set of Koni yellows

Is there anything else obvious I am missing with those sort of kms, or could do to complete the package without spending buckets of cash.

I've replaced mid and rear exhaust mounts, and the damn thing still hangs too low !

Thanks guys,

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
New wishbones, they come with bushes and ball joints already I believe. Then there's track rods and track rod ends.

That with koni yellows would freshen up it nicely.

I've just put powerflex bushes into the wishbones, so maybe just get the ball joints would be more cost effective now.

I've only ever really used KTec in the past. Any other web-based options I can look at for purchasing this stuff ?

Not many options down in New Zealand !

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I've just put powerflex bushes into the wishbones, so maybe just get the ball joints would be more cost effective now.

I've only ever really used KTec in the past. Any other web-based options I can look at for purchasing this stuff ?

Not many options down in New Zealand !

Ah yeah sorry, missed that bit! Yeah new ball joints, track rods and rod ends then. New top mounts probably wouldn't go a miss either?

Have a look in the traders section, Renault Wolverhampton seems to give out great prices and they offer postage world wide.

LY FF182
Try eurocarparts.com

lemforder ball joints, track rods and rod ends. Fresh suspension top mounts and steering rack bushes then that'll be just about everything you can replace

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Total refresh..

Cant remember what you said uv changed so...

ARB Bushes-Inner and Outer
Wishbone bushes
Trackrods and track rod ends
Steering rack bushes
Ball joints
Top mounts

172 cup
As above however I would also sugest a whiteline rarb. I know it's not factory but will really improve the handling without compromising and of the factory ride quality.

And if your not worried about a bit more bumpy ness then maybe look for solid top mounts if your going to replace them.

Awesome advice, thanks !

So Axial Rod/Tie Rod x2 and Track Rod ends (L&R). These are as well as steering rack bushes, or are they the same thing ?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Awesome advice, thanks !

So Axial Rod/Tie Rod x2 and Track Rod ends (L&R). These are as well as steering rack bushes, or are they the same thing ?

It will be

tie rod x 2
tie rod ends left and right so x 2
Steering rack bushes

Also watch where you buy from as the tie rods/ends can be a pain due to different fitments for cup pack/non cup pack suspension etc.

Best going to an expert on here who will get you the right parts 1st time round.

It will be

tie rod x 2
tie rod ends left and right so x 2
Steering rack bushes

Also watch where you buy from as the tie rods/ends can be a pain due to different fitments for cup pack/non cup pack suspension etc.

Best going to an expert on here who will get you the right parts 1st time round.

Feel free to reccomend some experts :)

Thanks !