ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help my 172 advice pleaseee

Clio172 Phase 1 2001
My 172 ran out of fuel the other day - I put fuel in and vehicle struggled to start, Took it to garage i work at (Main dealer/not renault) Who charged the battery for me (Removed battery to charge) When i jumped in vehicle to head home it started fine, About half way home (4 Mile journey) Every warning light came on dash & vehicle started jumping heavily like it was going to cut out every time i put my foot on accelerator - I nursed it to almost home & it cut out on an incline when i went to put foot down, I turned ignition off & attempted to start it again & it just clicked, didnt attempt to crank - I popped bonnet to find the negative terminal on battery was loose & was resting on top - I tightened it up attempted to start but again no crank & only clicked - I reverse bump started vehicle & it started but battery light was on perminently - I parked it up & turned it off and on and it didnt crank just clicked, I attempted to start it via jump lead but no crank again just clicked, i attempted to bump it again but it wouldnt bump, so had it recovered to my place of work who have carried out the following & are now no further along to telling me what has caused this or what it needs to fix it other than send it to an auto electrician, who i have spoken to and they have stated that they suspect the battery was put in wrong way & connected up to the opposite terminals (Apprentice did charge battery its worth noting) And as a result has blown the positive terminals main fuse & sent a surge through vehicle, If this is correct then surely i shouldnt be liable for the costs of repairs? if this isnt realistic then where do i go from here?

Have checked all fuses Found positive main fuse blown as well as 2 others, replaced the 2 now & currently by-passing the main fuse in an attempt to get vehicle started (Now cranks but wont fire) - feed to starter gd - battery gd - checked fuel coming through yes - Connected to the vehicle via snap on diag equipment which says no cam speed, no fuel pump, Immobiliser on & ECU power yes but not sure where to go now - Note also the immobiliser light goes out after 3 seconds as it should, doesnt stay solid or flash repeatidly (Have had immobilisor issue prev)!!

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated - Thanks
rob