ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed, what brake discs + pads should I get?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Hi

Had a mate of mine look at the car today and noticed it could do with the rear disks being replaced along with the wheel bearings (that's what the whirring noise is over 70mph).

Just wondering what you guys recommend? I've seen these on the K Tec site but i have also found them on Ebay so can get them cheap, are they any good?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2786&appid=2

Was also just thinking of standard Renault 182 pads?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2786&appid=2

any alternatives can people let me know what they would recommend?

thanks

Lynden

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
For the rear, standard discs and pads, just make sure they are actually Renault discs and bearings as other aftermarket brands have been known to fail/not last as long.

Renault Clio 172
eBay was very good for Renault discs & pads, got a set for £110 last week. Dead easy to fit only took 30mins start to finish.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
ebay = winner.....for the front i would suggest Brembo max grooved disks and if u really wanna spend the money on pads go for ferodo DS2500 or Pagid blues and for the rear go genuine renaults

as i said and as above, no point uprating rear. just get standard disks and pads in.

ads will look after you.

car looks FANTASTIC btw..

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
as i said and as above, no point uprating rear. just get standard disks and pads in.

ads will look after you.

car looks FANTASTIC btw..

cheers mate.

Bought Brembo front disks, genuine 182 front brake pads, genuine rear disks and pads as well.

Hoping they all turn up this week so I can get them all fitted.

Lynden