ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help regarding price of a 172 cup

172 Cup
I've got my sights set on a 172 cup and have hopefully found one.

Its a 52 plate, with 57k. Cambelt done 1k ago, full service history.
Judging from the pictures and from speaking to the owner, the car is immaculate. Totally standard, 4 brand new tyres and a years MOT.

If this is allowed (?), what should I pay for the car?

Help would be greatfully appreciated

Cheers
Chris

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I've got my sights set on a 172 cup and have hopefully found one.

Its a 52 plate, with 57k. Cambelt done 1k ago, full service history.
Judging from the pictures and from speaking to the owner, the car is immaculate. Totally standard, 4 brand new tyres and a years MOT.

If this is allowed (?), what should I pay for the car?

Help would be greatfully appreciated

Cheers
Chris

try & barter with 3.5k

clio 172 cup
i had mine up for sale 5month ago for 3.5k with same mileage cambelts done, it had no service book but never put that in the description and had it on autotrader for 2weeks not 1 single phone call.
theres plenty out there so b picky

172 Cup
thanks for the replies guys.

basically the car was up for 4700. Which does seem a lot.
judging from photos, history and the apparent condition of the car, it seems absolutely mint.

he wont go any lower than 4400.

Am I right to pay this for a 52 plate 172 cup? A very good one though.

I know I could probably pick one up for maybe 3500 but it might not be as well looked after etc. And might need a cambelt doing etc.

Hmm

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
If its totally mint, and i mean mint, no curbed alloys etc and u do want a mint mint car, if u have dollar, get it.

Will be better than buying a dog for 3k which u will have to chuck money at.

172 Cup
If its totally mint, and i mean mint, no curbed alloys etc and u do want a mint mint car, if u have dollar, get it.

Will be better than buying a dog for 3k which u will have to chuck money at.

My thoughts exactly mate.

it really does look sooo clean and tidy. Not the lowest of miles at 57k but still pretty good for a 7 year old car.

The wheels look immaculate, he said one of the fronts has a very small ding and even sent me a picture...its miniscule.

Hopefully going to see it and possibly take it home on saturday. Its 200 miles from me

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
The cars don't degenerate with mileage and engines remain strong so you could consider higher mile examples for less money.

172 Cup
I believe its 3 owners, current owner hasnt had it long as he now has a work van which he uses all the time so cant justify paying for the car, I dont think hes a full on car enthusiast, but I believe the owner previous to him had it for 3.5 years and kept it immaculate. Seems no expense has been spared. Has just had an MOT and 4 new ContiSport tyres.

Cambelt was done last year and it seems its hardly covered any miles.

The guy has original receipts of sale and apparently the previous owner to him bought it from a renault main dealer at 36k in 2006.

Totally standard too, so a blank canvas.