ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! RENAULTSPORT V CUP

Clio RS200 FF
How can you get the insurance that cheap I'm 20 with 3 years no claims and have a 197 and my insurance was 1200 fully comp with my mum as a named driver putting my dad on made it go up? , and my access is £600.

Could be the post code he lives in as this affects the cost of insurance more than people realise. For example if he lives in an area where car crime is very low (say in the countryside) and you live in an area where it's high (say in a city/large town) this will bring his insurance in at a price lower than yours if everything else were the same.

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
^^This, postcode is massive factor! Huge difference when i moved from south London to aberdeen.

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
i agree postcoad helps but my post code is one of the highest for road young drivers being in fatal crashes so i think its just you're luck where you live really.

i live in the shire dgilmore out near turriff

iv found a FF cup in stockport so i think i might go for that one good price for the miles 22K for £9,750

GTD, Lupo
i agree postcoad helps but my post code is one of the highest for road young drivers being in fatal crashes so i think its just you're luck where you live really.

i live in the shire dgilmore out near turriff

iv found a FF cup in stockport so i think i might go for that one good price for the miles 22K for £9,750

Colour, spec?

182& UK Cup Race Car
Insurance is completely barmy these days! I insured a BMW 335d when I was 20 for £1100 full comp per year. Now I'm 21 its only £800 fully comp per year. Interestling though, if I wasn't the policyholder and simply a named driver on for example my mums policy (she has 30years of no claims) on the same car, it was £3000!!! And if i lived with a friend in High Wycombe, as opposed to the £800 I'm paying it would be £1400. So insurance varies massively on loads of factors, some I really can't work out, which is why I could easily believe the ridiculous quotes you're getting!

As for the car, the FF with cup pack is the way to go. We use one on track with slicks on before race events, and it is electric through the bends! A team mate has just the full cup 200 and not only is it horribly noisy and harsh, it's no quicker on track!

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
well to all of you how said bull s**t here it is, my new clio rs200 ff cup :)
DSCF2701.jpg
[/IMG]

hope you like it got plans for it soon but nothing big this year

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST200
That was for sale at redline right?

My mate phoned up about it. Nice car that.

Don't see why age matters, I'm 20 and own a 200.

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
Yeh it was at redline haha it was for sale earlier about £1000 cheaper tho :(

Cheers mate iv only ever seen one green one on the road

Just what your willing to pay I suppose haha I couldn't be happier with mine tbh

GTD, Lupo

I would be interested to know what you guys class as not getting mugged? Just to give you an idea of not getting mugged I pay £210 fully comp and protected.

OP car looks stunning in AG. Are the wheels black as they look different in another picture you posted!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I would be interested to know what you guys class as not getting mugged? Just to give you an idea of not getting mugged I pay £210 fully comp and protected.

OP car looks stunning in AG. Are the wheels black as they look different in another picture you posted!

I don't loose sleep over it. I'm @ around £700 a year with 4 years NCB age 21 on my own policy fully comp all the extras.

GTD, Lupo
£1100 FC, 20 years old, mum and dad on the policy, 3yncb.

Ouch! take it that will have a £500 excess if you make a claim on top as well. I guess if its something you enjoy then its worth it. Personally i would just wait and get something a little cheaper in the mean time.

Trophy #387
I'm about to buy a Trophy and pay £2400 a year insurance. My mate pays £4900 a year for his Fiesta ST... You pay what you can afford really.

OP's insurance does seem stupidly cheap though. I am a 19 year old and as above have been quoted £2400 a year fully comp for a Trophy - I can't imagine a 200's insurance group will be much lower than that so assuming he has entered all the information honestly then it should still be about £2000?

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB

Yeh the wheels are black there's some of the photos edited might make it look different but they are black :)
For the insurance I have 2yncb my mum dad and gran in the policy and it's going between £800 and £1000 but iv noticed it makes a difference to price if you change the date you want to start the policy like to start today compared to the 30th you would pay less to start on the 30th

GTD, Lupo
I'm about to buy a Trophy and pay £2400 a year insurance. My mate pays £4900 a year for his Fiesta ST... You pay what you can afford really.

OP's insurance does seem stupidly cheap though. I am a 19 year old and as above have been quoted £2400 a year fully comp for a Trophy - I can't imagine a 200's insurance group will be much lower than that so assuming he has entered all the information honestly then it should still be about £2000?

I did question this when i changed from a 200 Cup to a 200 Silverstone and my insurance went down by £45. I was told it was because a lot less Silverstones (0 at the time) had been crashed than 200 Cups. So would imagine its the same for 200s Vs other cars seeing as the 200 is only just over 3 years old.

GTD, Lupo
Yeh the wheels are black there's some of the photos edited might make it look different but they are black :)
For the insurance I have 2yncb my mum dad and gran in the policy and it's going between £800 and £1000 but iv noticed it makes a difference to price if you change the date you want to start the policy like to start today compared to the 30th you would pay less to start on the 30th

Looks good Melvin, you got any plans for it yet or just keeping it standard?

Ouch! take it that will have a £500 excess if you make a claim on top as well. I guess if its something you enjoy then its worth it. Personally i would just wait and get something a little cheaper in the mean time.

My 1.2 8v was £1600 when I first started out, I don't think mine is unreasonable for my first year on a hot hatch worth ~£11k.

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
ATM its just a HID kit and a panel filter for this year the next hopefully get a full supersprint exhaust with the ktec/itg induction kit and a remap and see what's next from there, I'd like 220bhp but anything much more than that ATM would just drain the fuel tank maybe 270bhp in 2014 once I can afford a run about

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
ATM its just a HID kit and a panel filter for this year the next hopefully get a full supersprint exhaust with the ktec/itg induction kit and a remap and see what's next from there, I'd like 220bhp but anything much more than that ATM would just drain the fuel tank maybe 270bhp in 2014 once I can afford a run about

220bhp you'd be spending a lot of £££££££££££££££££

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Possibly missing a zero of their!

Missing a zero of their what? :eek:

:rasp:

Insurance on 200's is surprising, cheaper than a Zetec S Fiesta for me!

you don't see many written off compared to older Clio's.

197 was cheapest for me :(

although apparently a 197 sport r2 is more to insure than a 197sportcup because theyre two completely different cars. they couldn't answer when i asked for the difference -_-

op, if thats your fiesta in your flikr, please dont make the 200 look like that lol!

200 looks ace though. love AG, love recaros, hero spoiler. the only thing id bin would be the rs decals on the sides.

and since were on the subject of insurance i've got a renewal quote of around £970; 21, i'll have 1ncb and 2 crashes.

AG 200FF/PH1 172 MB
Missing a zero of their what? :eek:

:rasp:

197 was cheapest for me :(

although apparently a 197 sport r2 is more to insure than a 197sportcup because theyre two completely different cars. they couldn't answer when i asked for the difference -_-

op, if thats your fiesta in your flikr, please dont make the 200 look like that lol!

200 looks ace though. love AG, love recaros, hero spoiler. the only thing id bin would be the rs decals on the sides.

and since were on the subject of insurance i've got a renewal quote of around £970; 21, i'll have 1ncb and 2 crashes.

Yeh that is my fiesta :L everyone has been saying that and dont worry there's no way that it will get stuckerbombed :L
im away to carbon wrap the badges just now tho , maybe it's a start ;)