ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Tyre decision!

• Thread starter Paul Common 666
  • Start date

P

Paul Common 666

Hey guys!
Gotta decide what tyres to go for... found out that two of mine are illegal :S
I was gonna go for the conti's but there on backorder.... so ive a choice between pirelli (there new pattern), or avon?
Any advice/opinions?
Cheers, Paul.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Not sure on those really, probably Pirelli's

I went for F1's on mine, £50 each on Mytyres.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Pirelli's are alright, but I haven't had them on the Clio though.

I rate the F1's.
They seem slightly loose when changing direction, but grip very well when corning.

You can't go wrong for £50.

P

Paul Common 666

Cheers mate!
Its a bloke my dad works with ive got the tyres from, so only had 3 options. Ive gone for p zero nero's, seem to get good reports. will have um tomorrow morning. Will be interesting to see what they are like. although im still gonna have conti's on the rear end.

Black-Gold 182
Avons are owned by Cooper Avon - another tyre company with racing pedigree.

Good grip, but you'll find they'll wear quickly (very soft compound). A good comprimise would be 2 of each - pirelli on front and avons on the rear - would make your car very well balanced.

MB_182

P

Paul Common 666

Good grip, but you'll find they'll wear quickly (very soft compound). A good comprimise would be 2 of each - pirelli on front and avons on the rear - would make your car very well balanced.

MB_182

I'll have to try it when my other two wear out! :cool:

Black-Gold 182

MB_182

I'll have to try it when my other two wear out! :cool:

Dunlop SP Sport 9000s are better than the avons - I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1 on the front, and SP Sports on the rear - can throw it into corners and I don't get much tail action any more. Depends if you like that kind of thing - I like the go-kart feel of loads of grip from the rear.

P

Paul Common 666

^^^^ well ive been karting since i was 10 so i guess the go kart feel would suit me down to a tee!! :)