ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help tyres!!

Supposed to be getting my 17s fitted tomorrow at Rtec,

Was going for a set of Falkens 205/40/17 highly recommended by many people to me, £286 inc valves, locking wheel nuts and fitting, (tyres alone were £234,

Sods law they run out of stock and wont get them till next week,

Do I

a) wait for the Falkens

b) go for a set of Yoko A539 only £25 more

c)a set of Yoko sports, v tread pattern to improve wet performance, a very sticky tyre that they are fitting to their porsche with 19s!!) £same price as the A539s.

Help what do I do?

the yoko sports also have slightly worse life length about 8-10k as opposed to 9-11 of the other tyres,

Advice please people

please help me out guys I know there are loads of you on here all day while working!!!! Please recomendations please

Cheers geordie

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Those Yoko AVS Sports were on one of Jeremy Clarksons videos. They had a 172 and tried three different tyres round a track. Remoulds, Standard and those yokos. With the yokos on the car was over a second quicker than with the standard Contis. But like you said because of the soft compound they will wear quicker than other Yokos you mentioned.

Skoda Fabia vRS

id jus go to MyTyres an order some off there, loads cheaper

but if you need em there an then..........those Yokos sound good

from what I can tell my tyres arent cheaper though.

Seem quite expensive to me, everyone on here rates them as being great and cheap but they want £95.30 each tyre for Yoko A539s yet Rtec are doing them at £64.75 each tyre, now there is no way that postage and packing can cost £30 per tyre!!

Anyone looking for tyres try giving rtec a call see what they like on mail order.

(to anyone wondering ...no Im not employed by Rtec, I just live two minutes down the road and get on really well with the staff, coupled with the fact that on many things they are very cheap!)

ive got the ziex 512s on my car at the mo, were great to start with, but now theyve done about 4000 miles they are really loosing performance (dunno if others go that quickly?) i dont drive harshly, but now they are not too good in the wet, had a couple of near misses with them feeling on the limit!

however ive only ever had these tyres so wouldnt know how they compare to yokos!

Its theYoko A539s that are a bit slippery in the wet! The avs sports are much much better v tread pattern to lose water and are apparently grippy as Fcuk.

Getting them fitted in about two hours!! pics later, if its good enough for a porsche on 19s its good enough for me!!

I had A539s for 2 years and they were awesome wet and dry, they also didnt wear out until about 12k and that was with some serious hard driving!