ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with gaz coilovers

geordie

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
hi

i have just bought a second hand set of gaz coilovers and the front adjusters on the shocker where the spring sit are stuck solid and the grub screw is mashed with no way of removing it ,

my question is

any helpfull ways of freeing them off?

can u buy the adjusters?

where refurb the coilover and what would the do?

and a rough idea of costs :D

thanks

CLIO PH1 172
Massive long bar put over the c spanner and they will loosen I done this to mine at first now they are perfect ! Btw I use a rake handle !!!!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
To begin freeing mine off I used a hammer and screwdriver (wrong I know, but I had the incorrect C Spanners and they kept slipping)

Ref the refurb, I had mine done at the back end of last year. Cost £160 IIRC for all 4 shocks, but that was the expensive service as I had all of the piston rods replaced as well.

If your piston rods don't need replacing the service is about £70 I think. Includes new oil, seals etc.

CLIO PH1 172
Nickson who did you ring/ were did you get it done I want to get my rear dampers refurbed and how long did it take ?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I emailed: enquiries@GAZSHOCKS.COM and was speaking to a guy called Mark.

I had to wait a while as they were having problems with the new piston rods they had bought in. Once the problem was solved, they were back within 2 days!

Original email from Mark with prices etc:

Mark from Gaz said:
They are our GHA kit, a service on the fronts is £25.00 per strut & the rears are £17.50 each but if the piston rods are damaged then the cost will be £39.50 per front & £22.50 per rear but we will call you if this is the case, return carriage is £10.50. All prices are + vat.