ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with HU question.

DB.

BMW 440i
Had my alpine HU in for two years now, going back to standard and fitted the standard HU,

all wires installed (Except for one with yellow block adaptor on the end, not sure if this was supposed to go in? Doesn't seem to fit)

After installing, it wouldn't turn on, it would eject a CD for me, but no buttons work, except the round one on the right hand side will make a beeping noise when i push it.

Any ideas guys?

Is it the Clio? Have you re-entered the code?

The yellow block is for the stalk controls/top dash display and it goes in the top left of the blocks on there stereo.

DB.

BMW 440i
No,do i just use the numbers to type in the code?

Where do i get my code from?

Will have another go trying to get the yellow block in.

Yes it's the 182 btw, goes on Saturday so have until then to get it sorted, otherwise I will have to give him my Alpine HU.

The code should be in your handbook.
You need to plug the yellow connector in, or the steering wheel controls won't work, and the display won't display the station name etc.

If I remember correctly, its a four digit code, and you press numbers 1 - 4 down the appropriate number of times to scroll up the numbers, till your code is shown on the display, then hold 6 down to enter.

DB.

BMW 440i
Nothing came up on my screen at all, guessing that's cause of the yellow block! Will try tomorrow and update,

thanks!

Yea you'll need to plug that in. It goes in one end of the slot with the pins in above the standard iso connectors.
It'll only go in one way so just be careful, you shouldn't need to force it.