ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from Basingstoke!

172 Cup Spec'd DCI
Hello there!

I'm Mike, I drive a 172 Cup Spec'd DCI Clio in Glacier White. My previous car was a Puma'd Fiesta Zetec S and i'm well know on the ZSOC forum where I was South Central Rep for 2 years. Here is my old ZS...

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00696.jpg

But after 3 years in Fiesta's I decided to take the plunge and move away from the Ford scene back to the French! So here is my new project (sorry just the one picture atm)...

172.jpg

It's only on 30k, and the paint is immaculate! Loving the new power...but I'm going to add my own touch!

BlackGold 182
welcome to CS!

i also came from an imp blue zs to a 172 and haven't ever looked back! have a look at my project thread see if you recognise it.

172 Cup Spec'd DCI
Thanks for the welcome!

I was looking through your project thread the other day and recognised your car straight away! I remember you posting pictures of your 172 on ZSOC aswell :p

Nice car!

BlackGold 182
haha oh was you? thanks! long way off where i want it to be but within 2 weeks it will be alot more closer :D

lots more toys on these than the zs!

172 Cup Spec'd DCI
I was! Yours has gone through many stages since by the looks of it! All good stuff though.

Yer I haven't had time to really strip mine down yet, got so much to learn about these cars/engines. They are so much fun though, really impressed with how they rev, the kick after 3.5k is addictive. Mines a little ''twitchy'' though. Don't know whether they are set-up like this and you noticed it coming from a ZS? Might need to look into it.

BlackGold 182
yeaaa it has! lol now im getting 8j wheels on it and then going that route but nothing silly

yeaaa well the 4.5k kick they all have is addictive! hmmm i wouldnt say mine feels twitchy tbh, although the whiteline anti roll bar is apparently a good upgrade for these but im yet to get one

172 Cup Spec'd DCI
Thanks for the recommendation i'll look into that. Yer I think it might be down to my coilovers, they were professionally set-up by a motorsport company and I think that may be the cause. Also are the standard tyres for Turinis really 185/50's? I was suprised they weren't 195's?

BlackGold 182
as far as im aware the tyres are 195 45 16 for turinis, 99% sure actually. the 182 cup wheels are 205 45 16 i think.

172 Cup Spec'd DCI
Thats what I thought they should be! Mine needs rubber on all for corners anyway so I'll be wrapping them in the correct size anyway.

182 Trophy #333
Nice to see another Basingstoke owner get themselves on CS, should come to the meet in Sherfield on Loddon tonight!!

172 Cup Spec'd DCI
Thanks badgerman :)

I'm 99% sure i'm running 185/50/16 atm, i'll check tonight :S. I thought it was strange when I noticed the tyre size!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Welcome along mate, recognise the name from ZSOC, too. Miss mine sometimes!

4414359715_670a58be61_z.jpg

Awesome little cars!

182 Trophy #333
I had the same problem with my old RSi, cant remember exactly what size it was but there were only like 4 options and all really expensive, swapped them out for a 10mm wider tyre and there were about 35 options!!

172 Cup Spec'd DCI
I have Goodyear Eagles on atm, which I rate as a very good all round tyre. Being 16" i'm not looking forward to the tyre bill though :(

172 Cup Spec'd DCI
It's sprayed buddy :). Has the bonnet off in that picture I posted too because that was getting a fresh coat of Glacier White.

Clio 172 Cup
Here you are Michael! :) ZS in my ownership. Got a feeling I'm making the wrong decision with it.

P1000570.jpg

Yeah that's the clio I was on about :) I can feel a good build coming along with this!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cup Turini's are 195/45/16
Trophy ones are 205/45/16

Personally i prefer the slightly lower grip threshold of the 195's, they break away more gradually on the limit.

Nice looking car btw. Basingstoke is the best place to live ;)

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
Mike do you know who built the clio? A mate of mine bought it off of you having some subframe issues and a serious bodge on the rear axle too just trying to shed some light on it

Mickie