ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HIDs for my Cup 172

Nissan Jewk
I'm looking on the HIDS4u site, are the clio lights reflector or projector? They are H7 too, right? Should I go for 5000k, 6000k or 8000k? I had them before on M3, absolutely loved them, but can't remember which colour temperature ones I chose :(

H7.jpg

Any other sites cheaper out there that can be recommended?

Renault Clio 172
Hi, I had to buy some for my 172 (normal not cup) as a prvious owner had bodged them after the originals had broke. Mine have the bulb behind a glass dome wich are projector, i think yours are reflector where the bulb is reflected by a silver backing that you can see. 99% sure this is right, someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

I got mine from a seller on ebay for about £80 that turned out to be the same company as HIDS4u, came in a smart, solid box, easy to fit being plug & play & work great. Think mine are 5000k which is about the same as original fitment, think the higher the K the more bluey / purpley they are. I'll try & find there user name.

Hope this helps.

Clio 182
I had the 6000k CarPro kit in me Twingo (h4 hi/lo), can't fault it and can't fault HIDS4U, third kit i bought from them! Simples to fit and yea, nice crisp white light with a hint of purple!

Yea, the lower the k rating, the more 'yellow' the light output, the higher you go, the more purple the output! OEM fitments i thinks are 4300k, which give off a slight yellow light, it's the glass projector that makes it look 'purple' not the bulb!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm taking my hid4u kit out tomorrow, getting interference on the FM channels on the radio. Common in cheap aftermarket ballasts

clio rs
i think i have these on my car, was there when i bought the car. Looks really, but wud look better if the fogs matchd, think ur local, ur welcome to cum take alook at mine

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
oh if you do get them, tap in strathy for the discount code, get a good wedge off ;)

Clio 182
Hehehe search Google for codes, Toyota pro gets you 25%-ish knocked off, still worked as of this eve!!

Last edited: