ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High mileage trophy

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I dont see why it should be an issue if the service history is religious, if it breaks so what, not big money for what once would have cost you £15,500 4-5 years ago....!

f**king hell !!!!

Thats what you call being in the right place at the right time :)

Get it bought as said before.

If they replace the shocks with standard ones , just make sure they don't drill out anything hub wise etc to make them fit (as i can't remember if cups and trophys have different bolt spacings). And ask to keep the old struts/shocks that way you can get them rebuilt ;)

The exhaust rot is a common thing on 172/182's so don't wprry about that, one thing i would have said is he was chancing it running it to 80k with no cambelt change :S

Good Luck keep us updated.

Lotus Exige, 182
Looks right. Bargain at £1900 as others have said, perfect track toy. I'd bite the seller's hand off, take it to Mark Fish for a once over and even if it costs a grand or whatever to get the shocks right etc, still a bargain.

LY 200
Not bad but i want to know why anyone would chose one as a company car!?

I used to use mine on a 120 mile round trip once in a blue moon (2 weeks a year max) and absolutely hated it but 170k in one is probably doing that every day!

LY 200
^Indeed, especially if he was running it on the best stuff through the expensive times!

Not bad but i want to know why anyone would chose one as a company car!?

I used to use mine on a 120 mile round trip once in a blue moon (2 weeks a year max) and absolutely hated it but 170k in one is probably doing that every day!

no idea, the company cars we have here aren't your run of the mill sales reps/diesels!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lets say he was getting 330 miles to a tank which is a rough average to the 182's @ around 32/33mpg (ish)

That would work out @ around 515 full tanks of fuel from the 11g/50l tank

Lets say the price of fuel the entire time he had it was £1.02 (i know it was alot higher at times but lets say so...)

Very roughly, £25,000 worth of fuel found its way into that fuel tank.....

Jesus Wept

Lets say he was getting 330 miles to a tank which is a rough average to the 182's @ around 32/33mpg (ish)

That would work out @ around 515 full tanks of fuel from the 11g/50l tank

Lets say the price of fuel the entire time he had it was £1.02 (i know it was alot higher at times but lets say so...)

Jesus Wept

:lolup:!!, I think i'll pass that info on and see what they say

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
:lolup:!!, I think i'll pass that info on and see what they say

Thats very quickly me working it out, i think you might be shocked to see what actually went in when fuel was £1.20 a litre lol....

It would be considerably more than this had he been using V-Power or higher octane fuels as there around 7p dearer a litre, thats frightening!

LY 200

Jesus Wept

^I worked it out based on what mpg mine was getting (38/40) on a similar daily milage (i worked it out at 130 a day) using the motorway which would work out £3640 a year, £18,200 over five!

Still an absolute fortune mind!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
^I worked it out based on what mpg mine was getting (38/40) on a similar daily milage using the motorway which would work out £3640 a year, £18,200 over five!

Still an absolute fortune mind!

Aye that must be not far away then...!

I dare say it would have been a mixture of driving at those miles, thats round the world 6 times lol...

Thats very quickly me working it out, i think you might be shocked to see what actually went in when fuel was £1.20 a litre lol....

It would be considerably more than this had he been using V-Power or higher octane fuels as there around 7p dearer a litre, thats frightening!

even so that's over £5k a year in fuel!!

as for the company cars they range from rx8, lexus, merc sl's, audi tt 3.2 & q8, db9's etc

so quite varied compared to others!! and theres me in an 8 year old focus 1.6 :rasp:

guy obviously just thinks its a 170k clio and doesnt really realise the money thats in it! he would kick himself if he read this lol

who me or the current driver? I hope he doesn't read this or I've lost the deal of a lifetime here!

well I think he sort of does, hence all the confusion and frustration on my part I mean the car is registered to the company directly (1 owner) and he effectively rents it off of them for who knows how much!

Iceberg Ph1
I just stumbled onto this thread.. This is epic! You NEED to buy this motor, no two ways about it, do it or someone else will and will be laughing all the way home.. I have never seen one of these sell for less then 6k.. £1900! I'm shocked.. Well and truly!

looks like i'm a proud new owner of a 55 plate trophy guys :cool:

deal done, gotta get it through mot on wednesday so a bit of a push!! :dead:

good stuff what did u get it for?

oh yeh KEEP the original suspension

original suspension is on there, no idea what state it is in..

other huge bonus is that it has a full renault dealer service history... needs another doing this month ;)

as for price ... lol I didnt get it for £1900 sadly

its mine as of Friday morning so I might need some help getting various bits and bobs sorted if anyone is near SP10 Andover Hampshire and is willing to lend a hand .. paid of course! :cool:

pics to follow