ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HIT AND RUN!

Well, looks like I aint taking th Clio to the FCS next weekend.

Thanks to some GIT in a Golf CL locking up and driving striaght into the side of me on the approach to a roundabout (he was trying to undertake - and no I wasnt racing!).

Worst of it is he drove off!!!!!!!! Now left with a fecked car with wheels at very different angles and BIG bits missing!

See pics below, to say the least I think Im gonna cry:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1053205897__Car_Crash_17.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1053205981__Car_Crash_17.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1053206064__Car_Crash_17.jpg

fook mate thats terrible, hope you got his number, have you been to the police yet or got any witnesses? its a crime not to stop at the scene of an accident, sorry to see your car in that state and hope its get sorted out ok, id be gutted if that was my motor

Tell your insurance company and ask to be put in touch with the Motorists Insurance Bureau. A bit of your premium will have gone to fund these people, who try to help out with accidents like this where the party at fault has buggered off. Moreover, if you can get evidence of the car that did it (CCTV? Any part of the reg no.?), they will write to the person and make them pay up or take them to court. Have seen it all before where I work (Citizens Advice Bureau).

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

Thats way way harsh. Did you get his number plate..... some people are such arrogant w*nkers These people should have NEVER been given a license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

got a plate but isnt correct . BUT, he turned off onto a retail park crawling with CCTV so Police have gone to check videos (I hope!) Just hope I get a good hire car as wife needs one to get to work.

Its the wheels that hurt the most, cant buy them atm.................I think I need a drink or Im gonna get annoyed again.

Cheers for replies peeps, will keep people updated.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

unlucky...hope u got the plate. similar thing happened to me last week. they will get screwed for driving off! failing to stop and failing to report an accident!

GR7

Shiny red R32

SoLow

I am really sorry to see that your pride and joy has been damaged by some idiot who then drives off. That would make me SICK if it happened to my car. I dont even like the tiniest stone chip on my car.

I hope it gets sorted by your insurance company.

:(

HOLY SHATTERED ALLUMINIUM BATMAN!!!

thats horrid mate, the cars chassis is poking out!

get them, and get them good!

what the f**K!!!!! sorry to hear of your misfortune mate get the gits good...if you have done the subframe then it will probably be a write off....are all your goodies insured....my cup was rammed into a kerb by a cow bag in a micra (soz girlracer) it did the subframe and two alloy wheels..total bill nearly £4,000...arrrrggggghhhhh!!!! didnt do the wing or door though....anyway to cheer you up purchase my p**n from the for sale section!!! lol;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 17 May 2003

....my cup was rammed into a kerb by a cow bag in a micra (soz girlracer) ;)
CUPPY why are you apologising to me? I dont drive a Nissan Micra and I would NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER DRIVE ONE!!

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 17 May 2003

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 17 May 2003

....my cup was rammed into a kerb by a cow bag in a micra (soz girlracer)
CUPPY why are you apologising to me? I dont drive a Nissan Micra and I would NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER DRIVE ONE!!
GR didnt say no to the p**n tho :p

I feel for you mate, that is a really rough thing to happen. Hope it gets all sorted out, and they write it off so you can get a shiny new one. And youll be able to get the wheels somewhere, even if they cost more, the ins. co. are paying so if you can source them, you should get some replacements. The best of luck sir.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

hmm this sort of thing is happening a bit too much.

im gonna strap matresses to my motor

sorry mate a simlar (but nowheren near as bad) thing happened to me recently

Contact the police. I had someone go into the back of me a couple of years ago and they drove off, I got his number and rang the police straight away. It was all sorted and the car fixed within a month or so!!!

i know what youre feeling mate, some tw*ts had keyed all the cars down our street on friday night, my cup got 4 scratches on it :eek:(

insurance company are being complete tw*ts! Wont give me a hire car until an estimate has been compiled and agreed or the car is written off! SO Im now left with no car for the wife to use, meaning I have to take her to work at 8:30am when Im on late shift and dont start until 2PM!

Car should be getting assessed today/tomorrow and I HOPE AND PRAY its written off, apparently the seat &airbag are near £1500 on their own!

What to buy next.............................already test drove a 206 GTi and a Megane 1.9Dci, and a Golf GTi (diesel)...........and a Cup and 172 (my Renault dealer are really accomodating, 3 cars in an hour!)

Just cant decide! knowing my fecking luck Ill end up with the sh!t box back!

Ad

MK2 FRS

How old is you dynamique. My mate had similar damage to his extreme it is 52 reg. Side airbag, front damage, suspension, and a new roof skin. It was touch and go but they have repaired it. If it is more than a year old I would think they would write it off. If its less then maybe not!!!

Unlucky mate, hope it gets sorted. I like Pug 206 GTis, especially the Grande Turismos. You could get the WRC hoop style rear wing and youd be sorted.

-Rob

v unlucky mate

happened to me ages ago where i parked down a narrow side rd and sum1 must have clipped me and driven off-so annoying even tho it wasnt to that extent

Car was officially written off today. As much as I am happy Im still fecking gutted! Mind you, was looking at a 200sx touring today and OMG are they nice. May be insurance group 17 but I must own one!

Nice to be a member for all of about 2 weeks, but been on here for ages so will still hang around like a bad smell ;).

Just gotta find the tw*t that ruined my baby and has cost me a small fortune, then console myself with a new turbod motor!

if I can buy it quick enough! already seen two and cant decide whether to buy a cheap s13 or an expensive s14. Choices choices............