ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hmm....maybe time too swap..

Shhh
  Shhh

Its more the fact that i can buy one now, then in 1 1/2 years when the loan is paid back its mine. Then i can take another loan out and purchase another new car. If i kee the clio its gonna be worth nothing more than £6k then, so id rather have the SLK than the Clio.

I prefer the SLK too the CLK as its only 2 seater, and is small. I dont want the V6 version tho.

seriously, a mk1 slk is no sports car at all (even the slk320 is poor compared to its rivals)

if you just want a low engine one, it will be very slow, they are fairly heavy too & arent rated that great.
they do look ok, but they are girls car tbh.

Shhh

Yea, but driving round in a Clio 182 with both cup packs, and racing stripes dont do me any justice either.

Sick of being looked at like im a boy racer. I always find myself exceeding the speed limit, and therefore suspect i may lose the license. The gf moans that i need a family car, but im far far far from that, and maybe this is what i need.

I did look at nearly new SLKs as they were pushing £21k for 52 plate from a main dealer. I did think about taking the £9k too auction and see what i can get with that. But i think the risks out do the benefits so id be left with Auto Trader and eBay.

Some of the higher specs are still going for £12-14k in the autotrader for a 98 models. I did look at a MGF before Rover went bump, and thought a ideal time to get a great deal on a MGTF.

If you look at a 30,000 mile renault, and a 100,000 mile Merc, the difference in quality is noticeable. These mercs go for 250,000 without any issues.

Alias

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Dont forget...

youre asking about dropping the clio for something else... on a clio site ;)

Look at the amount of people that have done so tho, 182_blue, McBunny, myself, ChavyBoy to name but a few.

Shhh

Some people think the 182 is the best since sliced bread, but ive been caught and beaten by older things that should not.

Its not all about speed now, more of what looks better. Getting out of a SLK on a night out, or out of a Stripey Racing Blue 182.

Looking For a 1.4RT

Looks like a ex Demonstartion car to me... As it has got the extras from a 320 which you can no get on the 200.

Alot of the mercedes do it, they put the higher spec interia on the lower spec car. It says specail order but my parents tried to order the 2Litre supercharged version with that spec but they said they would not do special orders

BTW, what Kitcar you got cocopops?

Merc build quality is definitely not what it once was. Just look at all the reliability and owner satisfaction surveys.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by MickelMann on 03 July 2005
BTW, what Kitcar you got cocopops?

Its a 2005 Westfield SEiW with 2litre Vaux XE with Throttle Bodies.....

just poorly at the mo where someone decided to take it off the road :(
Should be back in 6weeks, fingers crossed.

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 03 July 2005
Merc build quality is definitely not what it once was. Just look at all the reliability and owner satisfaction surveys.

Agree with that, my cousin has a SL 500 and he says "very fast, turns heads" but hes utterly sick of the fact its never out of the dealership with faults and problems.

People moan about Renault build quality, but id be a lot more p!ssed off if I blew £60k on a Merc that had a whole host of electrical quibbles and mechanical quirks.

Looking For a 1.4RT

Bet thats nippy got a 2 Litre Rover injection engine in mine, not a Westy though. What BHP you getting with the Throttle bodies?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 03 July 2005

Its not all about speed now, more of what looks better. Getting out of a SLK on a night out, or out of a Stripey Racing Blue 182.
id think poofy hairdresser??!!;)

Shhh

Right, insurance quote from confused.com says.... -

2001 SLK230 - 4yrs NCB (2200cc) - 2 Seater Convertable

£617 Full Comp. (excess £150 fire & theft, £250 accidental damage)

I pay £675 Full Comp on the clio with the same company.