ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hogwarts Legacy

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Loving it so far. Some pretty sh*te optimisation for PC (patch coming) but it's so pretty.

About 5 hours in.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PC patch out today (with the XB too)

I'm installing now, hopefully it's a bit more stable on higher settings.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOADS better for me now, post patch

Pretty much maxing out at 120 and 70+ 1%s. Before it was dipping all over the show!

RT off though, that's still borked.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
How far you lot into the game % wise, is there loads of side quests to do other than main missions

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
How far you lot into the game % wise, is there loads of side quests to do other than main missions
15% completion I think after 10 hours, try and do 2 or 3 side quests for every main mission I do just so I don't finish it too quickly, plus its useful having some extra spells and equipment for some of the harder quests.

LOADS better for me now, post patch

Pretty much maxing out at 120 and 70+ 1%s. Before it was dipping all over the show!

RT off though, that's still borked.
Hogsmeade still knackers my 2070 :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
15% completion I think after 10 hours, try and do 2 or 3 side quests for every main mission I do just so I don't finish it too quickly, plus its useful having some extra spells and equipment for some of the harder quests.

Hogsmeade still knackers my 2070 :(
Ahh yeah fair, I'm on a 3080ti but have a lot of pixels to push :LOL: at 5120x1440, but Hogsmeade is by far the most intensive area for me too!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I got it on Sunday, not sure how to find how many hours in I am, I'd guess about 4 or 5.

It's very distracting having all the side missions. The duelling was actually quite difficult I thought, what's the point in having a partner if they contribute nothing at all 😂

Great so far, just wish I had more time to play it!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
on the side missions, say if your on the way to start one or already into one but on the way to something you encounter another side mission, how does it work , if you already started one does it not allow you to start or encounter another mission until you finished that one? On RDR2 you can get overwhelemed on all the side missions,

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just bought this, and should only cost me about £18 hopefully!

Had a £10 amazon voucher for using their photos app, got the amazon exclusive version with the hat DLC.

This hat then sells on ebay for £30 so I'll f**k it off on there!

• Haha
Reactions: Ben

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
on the side missions, say if your on the way to start one or already into one but on the way to something you encounter another side mission, how does it work , if you already started one does it not allow you to start or encounter another mission until you finished that one? On RDR2 you can get overwhelemed on all the side missions,
It seems like if you start 'tracking' a side quest, it just pauses whatever the next objective on the main mission is, and you can then go back and 'track' the main mission when you're done. I'm not sure how it works if you're on an immersive mission, but I think in those cases, you wouldn't see the side missions.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I’m about 12 hours in and level 23 or so. Just done the hippograff mission.

It’s great so far, although things like the clothing trait upgrade process when you can only have 4 species in your vivarium is annoying.

Graphics wise the 3090 is smashing it 😍

Reactions: Ben

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm far too casual with it, I'm level 13 and 9 hours in. Last night I spent an hour flying around the map taking everything in but not stopping to do anything. I've pretty much stopped playing the game and just flying around now I've bought the broom 😂

I can see this taking a long time for me to complete or get anywhere with.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm far too casual with it, I'm level 13 and 9 hours in. Last night I spent an hour flying around the map taking everything in but not stopping to do anything. I've pretty much stopped playing the game and just flying around now I've bought the broom 😂

I can see this taking a long time for me to complete or get anywhere with.

I’ve spent some time mooching about but been hitting the main missions and the side missions pretty hard.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i finally took the plunge and ordered it, arriving tomorrow. Couldn’t wait any longer and looking at the comments it’s all good. What sort of characters did you go for? I might go a red head female lol

is the hat still going for £30 on eBay? Not sure to sell or keep the hat

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Hello fellow virgins, here’s my character.
35DD0835-19FE-4497-A47A-8048A1D62862.jpeg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
well i finally played my first hour on the game and it's really good, not sure what buttons were what, i sohuld of looked on the buttons layout before i started the game but i never saw it. I decided to go with Ravenclaw house lol, i presume what answers i gave depends on what house i went too?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
at the minute i've only got the spell or something when you press the < button on the D Pad and the R2 + the TRIANGLE button. There's 3 empty spaces for the other spells i presume, hoe many spells are they and do you have to do missions to get them? and do you have to change and rotate spells as and when you need them as you only have 4 spaces for them?!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
tell you what it's a f@@@ng maze inside the castle lol, trying to find those butterflys after you seen the mirrors, when you see a butterfly you can't remember where you saw that mirror. What are those chests onscreen map?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I finished the main storyline earlier but I’ve still got so many side and relationship quests to do.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Put about 10 hours into this game yesterday between me and the Mrs 🤣

It's actually ace and we are only 9% done on completion!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
tell you what it's a f@@@ng maze inside the castle lol, trying to find those butterflys after you seen the mirrors, when you see a butterfly you can't remember where you saw that mirror. What are those chests onscreen map?

Loot. You can’t happen most of them until you learn the alohomora charm, which you don’t get until you’ve done the caretaker mission on the main quest.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
at the minute i've only got the spell or something when you press the < button on the D Pad and the R2 + the TRIANGLE button. There's 3 empty spaces for the other spells i presume, hoe many spells are they and do you have to do missions to get them? and do you have to change and rotate spells as and when you need them as you only have 4 spaces for them?!

They unlock by doing the main quest and also the tutorials / homework set by your teachers / extra learning stuff as you’re a “new 5th year”.

As you level up you unlock spell slots, so can end up with 4 sets of 4 spells, so 16 at hand. But I have set up 4 for fighting, 4 for moving objects, 4 for beast care and 4 for general useful stuff.

But there are loads of spells so you can rotate the sets of 4 to find ones you like best.

Also, when you earn talent points use them to upgrade / make your spells more powerful. I.e. accio multiple enemies at once.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
It's such an amazing game, it's everything I didn't need in my life right now (huge distraction not letting me get on with work to the house or coursework for CIOB 😂)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It's such an amazing game, it's everything I didn't need in my life right now (huge distraction not letting me get on with work to the house or coursework for CIOB 😂)

I’ve spent the whole weekend decorating and I’m itching to get back on it 😂😂

Oh, and in terms of defeating some enemies, I’ve found standard spell craft can be weaker than using well deployed chomping cabbages and Venomous tentaculas or mandrakes.