ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holy mary mother of god, Think i made a f'ck up, help

Pics (correct way up, wrong fit)

DSCN1346.jpg

DSCN1345.jpg

Upside down, Nice fit

DSCN1343.jpg

DSCN1347.jpg

vers le haut doigt milieu
yeah it will as the springs are progressively wound i.e they use the same amount of metal as a normal spring but they are closer together at the top. the top of the spring is the bit that adsorbs the impact first that makes it harder. I cant give you any more info as Im not that experienced.

C

clvs2222

just wait till the morning and give them a ring / go back to the shop and ask.

ITB'd MK1
yeah it will as the springs are progressively wound i.e they use the same amount of metal as a normal spring but they are closer together at the top. the top of the spring is the bit that adsorbs the impact first that makes it harder. I cant give you any more info as Im not that experienced.

lol, springs dont work like that. actually sitting here crying with laughter hahahahahahaha

as long as the springs are both the same way up it will be absolutely fine

lol, springs dont work like that. actually sitting here crying with laughter hahahahahahaha

I love you, will you have my babies

But I thought If you get springs progressively wound as it gets tighter closer to the top has the effect of giving the spring increasing resistance the more compressed it gets? which is why they should be the right way up. As it says in the instruction manual fit them the right way up, I'm no mechanic and I dont want to scare you but I would like to know if you do. (I personally dont want to scare you I'm just giving you back some info)

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
Have a really hard long think about this.........

Can a springs overall length be different when the same amount of force is applied to it but it is up the wrong way.........no.

Can a springs overall length be different when the same amount of force is applied to it but it is up the wrong way.........no.

Progressivly wound = higher compression at one end when the spring is compresed.... I know u only got a C in GCSE....why do u think they are placed at the top........?

Last edited:
  '04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5

Progressivly wound = higher compression at one end when the spring is compresed.... I know u only got a C in GCSE....why do u think they are placed at the top........?

And you think that by putting the softer part of the spring at the bottom that now the stiffer part of the spring will compress first beacuse it's "at the top" - the same part of the spring will compress it will just be at the other end of the spring.

A spring will compress the same length in total for any given force regardless of which way round it goes. but somehow you think that the spring has a small chip inside it that controls the way it behaves because it's upside down.

"Oh look I'm upside down - I'm now going to defy the laws of physics and compress the stiffer part of me first."

They say only one way up because of how they fit into the shock - as clearly demonstrated by the original poster.

And actually I have a BE

Where did u buy ur BE from? I think you should go back to where u got it and ask people about how to put ur self to sleep, ur are pretty dumb mate... Dump Valuve Dreamer put this to rest, contact the manufactor and ask them why they recomend you put ur spring the right way up and what would happen when its up side down.

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5

But I thought If you get springs progressively wound as it gets tighter closer to the top has the effect of giving the spring increasing resistance the more compressed it gets? which is why they should be the right way up. As it says in the instruction manual fit them the right way up, I'm no mechanic and I dont want to scare you but I would like to know if you do. (I personally dont want to scare you I'm just giving you back some info)

Where did u buy ur BE from? I think you should go back to where u got it and ask people about how to put ur self to sleep, ur are pretty dumb mate... Dump Valuve Dreamer put this to rest, contact the manufactor and ask them why they recomend you put ur spring the right way up and what would happen when its up side down.

All excellent and educated arguments I must say. From someone that is obviously so much better informed and educated than myself.

I will bow down to your superior knowledge and experience as you have so brilliantly demonstrated above. I simply cannot argue with your logical and well proven theories on the subject.

How did you get you name by the way - was it because you were bashed in the head as a young one that filled it with a world of knowledge?

ITB'd MK1
oh my actualy god!!!!! if they are progressive springs, the soft part compresses first no matter which way up the spring is. if the springs will only go one way, that's the way you fit them. As long as they're both the same way up it will be jst fine