ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home CCTV setup

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Looking for options on this.

I have no idea where to start.

Needs to have 3x cameras - With night vision setting.
Screen to monitor them
Central HDD to record it all.

Whats out there?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't @Gaz_ do home security setups? Might be home entertainment - but someone definitely deals with this stuff on here...

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Have a search for Hikvision recorders and HD cameras good bit of kit.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Our local pub recently had a cracking system fitted where the cameras track cars moving up and down the street

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
you could get away with a decent IP camera and record on any laptop/computer.

it depends if you want a dedicated recorder or not?

I use an old desktop that isn't connected to the web, so just records 24/7 365 days a year.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
In home camera?
68de2b4b29a16abc53aae308f7a72cea.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
you could get away with a decent IP camera and record on any laptop/computer.

it depends if you want a dedicated recorder or not?

I use an old desktop that isn't connected to the web, so just records 24/7 365 days a year.
Ideally needs to be completely standalone. I can rig and old PC up for the recording.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Ideally needs to be completely standalone. I can rig and old PC up for the recording.
I got my ipcamera off ebay, cracking bit of kit. it has never left me down, just sits there day after day recording onto a 1tb hard drive.

SQ5
Hi!

3x 2CD-2732 HIKVision domes with built in Micro SD cards and an iPad mini with app and done.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It says you've tagged me?! Which would be correct!
I did, but I couldn't remember if it was you or not, I knew Gaz also did it so edited you out, in case I was wrong and dragged you into a random thread :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Hi!

3x 2CD-2732 HIKVision domes with built in Micro SD cards and an iPad mini with app and done.
How much for all that, excluding the ipad (this needs a wall mounted screen of decent size?

How do they draw power?

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a sannce kit off amazon for my house, got 4 cameras with infrared night vision, control box suitable for 8 cameras, all cables and a 1tb built in HD for about £170. Has an app to watch remotely and record what you see or can be watched on the TV through HDMI.

So far it's been as good as I'd expect. The email functions to email when motion is detected or a camera wire is cut can be a little temperamental but other than that it's spot on for the money

SQ5
How much for all that, excluding the ipad (this needs a wall mounted screen of decent size?

How do they draw power?

Draw power using Power over Ethernet. So you just have one Ethernet cable going to it and it draws it from a POE network switch.

For all that your looking at about £800+VAT.

If you wanted a monitor you would need to connect it all to an NVR so looking at another £500+VAT.

These are proper quality though.

Standard CCTV Image

b5df00dc9e1d4344015bbb12aa7e2c50.jpg

Vs. HIK Vision at 1080p 30FPS

09845972551b848d52e70d0edad0f735.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Draw power using Power over Ethernet. So you just have one Ethernet cable going to it and it draws it from a POE network switch.

For all that your looking at about £800+VAT.

If you wanted a monitor you would need to connect it all to an NVR so looking at another £500+VAT.

These are proper quality though.

Standard CCTV Image

b5df00dc9e1d4344015bbb12aa7e2c50.jpg

Vs. HIK Vision at 1080p 30FPS

09845972551b848d52e70d0edad0f735.jpg
Do you work nationally?

I'd have two commercial locations for you to do. One needing 2 cams and one needing 3 cams.

Can supply info for quote if needed.

SQ5
Do you work nationally?

I'd have two commercial locations for you to do. One needing 2 cams and one needing 3 cams.

Can supply info for quote if needed.

Send me a PM with some info and locations. We do a lot of commercial locations, offices, oil depots etc...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Quick Noob query...

I have one CCTV camera at home.. It sends me motion alert images when I'm not there and saves videos to the onboard SD card. If i want it to record all the time to somewhere is it best to use an NVR or upload the videos to somewhere ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah go for hik vision or Dahua as they are pretty comparable in price vs quality. All systems we fit are IP, powered down the cat5 cable

One thing to note,
Dont have them too high up or all as you'll see is tops of heads,......

For intruder identification you need to ideally be filling over 50% of the image

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Something like this

http://www.cctvsuppliersuk.co.uk/se...xel-ip-cctv-kit-4-channel-nvr-with-4-cameras/

Plus a monitor. Then think about hooking it into your network for remote viewing via app/browser. Port forwarding/static IP will be needed for this

The bigger the hard drive the better. On a 4 camera system you want at least a 4tb..... Ideally more . This will keep the frame rate and resolutions decent

IMO You'll need a months recording to be of any use etc

Also think of putting them on a ups for power outages

Yellow 197
I would recommend against anything Wi-Fi based or recording to SD cards

Run cables to cameras and have it recording to a dedicated NVR like Hikvison or Dahua as mentioned above

I would also recommend against NAS drives too, complicates things and I have know hard drives have a high fail rate as the disks are constantly recording

Yellow 197
Something like this

http://www.cctvsuppliersuk.co.uk/se...xel-ip-cctv-kit-4-channel-nvr-with-4-cameras/

Plus a monitor. Then think about hooking it into your network for remote viewing via app/browser. Port forwarding/static IP will be needed for this

The bigger the hard drive the better. On a 4 camera system you want at least a 4tb..... Ideally more . This will keep the frame rate and resolutions decent

IMO You'll need a months recording to be of any use etc

Also think of putting them on a ups for power outages

Most Hikvision and Dahua have built in DDNS so no need for a static IP, simply forward the ports and away you go