ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home made Induction Kit

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sold my yellow KTR silicon as I wanted to move my Ramair KTR filter lower, slightly into the arch. After much cable tieing and silicon cutting I got it to fit without having to change or disconnect anything major in the engine bay apart from the plug to the auto light adjuster, this can still be adjusted from above manually. I didn't want to disconnect the light adjuster completely as it leaves the headlight beam to flap about all over the place, plus to plug it back in, ideally you need to get the headlight out.

Anyway, heres how it now looks, arch liner is now back in, but not much point of taking a pic of that! :) Excuse the bad iPhone 4 pics, its all I had on me!

9361738744_a0d085f843_b.png

IMG_0110 by danfullstop, on Flickr
9358960867_a811d3e26c_b.png

IMG_0109 by danfullstop, on Flickr
9358960215_a407032bc0_b.png

IMG_0111 by danfullstop, on Flickr
9358959969_cc7c0ce92a_b.png

IMG_0112 by danfullstop, on Flickr
9358959627_709ae08648_b.png

IMG_0113 by danfullstop, on Flickr

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  TTS
Not a bad job that, did you get the mounting bracket from the KTR kit? Can you still hear it as well when driving?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not a bad job that, did you get the mounting bracket from the KTR kit? Can you still hear it as well when driving?

Yes and no, not really, you can with the passengers window down :p

Rhys has had good results with a setup similar to this (but with a worse filter ;)), although mine isn't as long (boom boom), the car feels rapid tbh.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
something to do with the cams making it feel quicker over your better filter? ;)
Take it you had it like this before Dan mapped it?

Nope lol, didnt have time to sort it before :( Bit annoying, I had the KTR silicon on. Doubt there will be much difference imo as its using the same filter, just worse quality silicon in a different position :p

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You are such a knob! Back to back runs with that filter and my itg filter needed ;)

Lol would be good but getting that filter off is a nightmare, plus im using BTCC tech, why change? ;) hahah.

Nice to see people trying something different, noticed any difference in performance?

Around 100bhp. I just copied Rhys lol as he made good gains from it, although im sure his car was f**ked on the before run ;)

PB Clio 172
I think its brave will give you that

there is always a reason when they made cars why they didn't put things in places we might think will work....

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Loads of cars have air feeds from arches, im just taking it a level further, nothing to worry about imo.

In all seriousness running the filter there will be fine, how often do you drive in water that goes above your door sills? You dont.

Running it there with out arch liners is a different story, one that i am going to regret i feel.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Other IK (focus RS etc) that are fitted that low have a water sock that goes over the filter to help prevent it sucking up water. You know how sponge can suck up water. Doesn't news a lot of water to hydraulic an engine.

​However it's a good idea

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The AEM induction kits in EP3's have caused hydrolock on a few occasions, they sit in the wheel arch.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The AEM induction kits in EP3's have caused hydrolock on a few occasions, they sit in the wheel arch.

Ye as I said, its to high to get wet unless I drive through puddle large enough to go over the doors sills, which I wouldn't. From the looks of that kit from a very quick google search, it sits ALOT lower than my filter.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
hey where are the pics in post #1? :( made me curious about the setup!