ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda Integra DC5

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I know but don't tell me asthetics don't count in that weird JDM world and imo there are nicer wheels out there. Including the standard ones.

Bronze are win though.

Weird JDM world 😂

The master race my friend!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Not bought the wheels. I think I want some Regamasters but will probably end up with the Rota version. Regas are a bit pricey and rare.

Just serviced the DC5. Some Fuchs Titan 5w-40 oil, genuine filter, some new plugs (the old ones were brown as f**k, god knows when the Japanese people changed them if they ever have) and I've also raised the back up ever so slightly.

Here she is looking happy for herself.
32184601674_877360f6de_c.jpg

Also tempted to get a matte black sunstrip. The standard visors hit the Broadway mirror 😂
15026665034_4cc5da5317_b.jpg

Not sure if it pulls the sunstrip off better because of the carbon bonnet though? :confused:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Rims before carbon bonnet my good man.

Still got these ZE40 in the garage... :wink:

Not bothered about the carbon bonnet really (it would be nice) just thinking about whether the sunstrip would suit mine?
Can I rent them from you? :D

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
you know what wheels look really good on these? FN2 18s. Seriously.
Or the Evo 7 cross spokes (if you want to stay 17") that I've got on my Ep3 - there's a black DC5 on the FB groups with black Evo 7 wheels and it looks awesome.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Yeah i'd want to stay with 17's really.

I can get about 20% off the price of a set of Rotas. So that's a good option. I know they're not JDM but whatever really.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Someone I work with has just bought one of these, but the bumpers on his look very different to yours. Are there different versions of the DC5 Type-R?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
There's a lot out there with the mugen lip kit, or perhaps your colleagues is a face-lift.

@Philip.
image.png

😂
I'm not mega worried about Rotas as friends have been drifting on them and smashing them into walls and they're fine...XXR's on the other hand. f**k THAT!!!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Still decent. Only thing with slipstreams is they don't go to edge of rim so can look smaller than they are

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Slightly concerned they will be abit harsh as a daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the FD2? Ive not driven one, they're as rare as hens teeth (as they say) but 4 doors must be a tad more practical! Supposed to be the pinnacle of the Type R variant though. DC5 a close second.
I'd absolutely love one (either)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
@adamlstr What discs did you run on your DC5? 😅

I've got to the point where my discs are making a noise now when I brake, they need doing asap 😂

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Very tidy!

Reckon these will float around the same money/appreciate?

Within the next year I want to buy my house deposit car (DC5, Meg 250, M3), but I don't want to lose money!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Very tidy!

Reckon these will float around the same money/appreciate?

Within the next year I want to buy my house deposit car (DC5, Meg 250, M3), but I don't want to lose money!

They're holding firm at the moment, don't think they'll ever depreciate tbh!

Range Rover Sport
No, I can't see anyone losing money on a tidy DC5.

That being said, E46 M3 with low mileage and good condition are increasing nicely.

Think it'll be some years until the DC5 starts increasing in value, but for sure can't see anyone losing money on a nice example.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
No, I can't see anyone losing money on a tidy DC5.

That being said, E46 M3 with low mileage and good condition are increasing nicely.

Think it'll be some years until the DC5 starts increasing in value, but for sure can't see anyone losing money on a nice example.
You'd spend less fixing a dc5 too :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
If it's an EP3 shared part you're fine, if it's DC5 specific...:neutral:
Think I mis worded it - DC5 doesn't need fixing (much), Megane does (not saying they're unreliable, just need a few niggles ironing out with it being French)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Think I mis worded it - DC5 doesn't need fixing (much), Megane does (not saying they're unreliable, just need a few niggles ironing out with it being French)

True! I've had a few things which i've wanted replacing on mine, shocks being the obvious.
But lowering was on the cards anyway so I wasn't assed.

My DC5 currently needs new clutch fluid as the pedal feel has gone a bit gritty but it can wait until I get the discs and other bits are here.