ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honest Opinion - Whats it worth? How easy to sell?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys

Basically looking to know how much this 172 is worth and how easy are they to sell?

Details -

RenaultSport Clio 172 2.0 16v
02 Reg
64k Miles
Metalic Pearl Black
12 months MOT and 6 months Tax
Full Renault Service History

The Spec:

Remote Central locking (2 keys) with Alarm and Immobiliser
Black Alcantara/Leather ReanultSport Seats
Power Steering
ABS
Electric Windows
Digital Climate Control with Air Conditioning
Trip Computer - shows trip mileage, MPG
Auto Xenon Headlights
16 inch Renault alloy wheels
In dash gear shift light - factory fitted option on later models.
In dash Single CD player with 6 CD Renault (Alpine badged) changer under passenger seat.
3 point rear middle seatbelt - offers more protection and safety than lap belt.
Cargo net for shopping in boot - surprisingly useful
Also this car comes with the cup spliter

DSCI0005.gif

DSCI0007.gif

DSCI0012.gif

DSCI0016.gif

DSCI0021.gif

I've been offered a straight swap for my sx and to be honest i'm tempted. Just want to know if it all goes wrong and i dont like it, how easy it would be to get rid and a honest price.

Thanks

Tom

i dont think the market is good just now tbh, i am thinking about selling the clio, but not willing to do it just to get less money etc

that car with mileage would be around 6250 - 6500 i believe mate and to be honest there are alot around and you may struggle for a sale but it is alot of car for alot of money

Bora TDI - (ex172)
I'm struggling to sell mine. Its the same as yours (mileage and spec) but an 03. I've had it in the trader and on pistonheads for 5995 and had not bites for 2 weeks. Waiting for Renault to come back to me and see what they're going to offer me.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mine went for 6k with only 40k miles, 52 plate, Turinis, Eibach Pros, Cup Spoiler/Splitter and was IMMACULATE. It sold within days of being on Pistonheads, I priced it well for a quick sale.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
clidge said:
that car with mileage would be around 6250 - 6500 i believe mate and to be honest there are alot around and you may struggle for a sale but it is alot of car for alot of money

6 and a half grand???? i'd pay that, provided there was £1000 in used notes in the boot.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tom16v said:
I've been offered a straight swap for my sx and to be honest i'm tempted. Just want to know if it all goes wrong and i dont like it, how easy it would be to get rid and a honest price.

Read people.....;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
from memory, your sx is a v plate? i'd say trade value is probably the same, but in terms of retail on the forecourt, the sx would be easier to sell for more money.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep on a V mate. The book value is slightly lower although they do seem to sell for more and quite quickly. Maybe becuase they are scarse? I was just thinking i could have some cheap driving and then sell it easier after christmas for a similar amount, if not a touch more? Ahh my heads a mess! I do love the sx though...