ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hopefully buying a ph1 172......

Looking for a ph-quick...
2000 X (one of the last?), from a dealer and its done 50k. They have told me its just had a major service and a cam belt with full Renault history also. Completely standard absolute minter!
I've pretty much decided im going to have it, is there anything i need to look for or be cautious of?
Steering wheel has usual wear.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Amir

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Check to condition of the exhaust and if it is the original.

Also has it got an ally bonnet and gearshift light?

y plate will be the last fella, how ever i have seen a few 51 plates kicking about.

Scirocco GT 210
How much are you guys buying X reg 172s for? Im interested in knowing how much mine's roughly worth...

Silver 172 Cup; Dci80;
Sold mine last year (x plate, alloy bonnet, 48K miles) on a trade in for £4500. Dealer whipped it back out at £5400.

Lovely car to drive but I sold mine as it developed an issue with starting when warm and it hadn't had the cam belt done. I got scared when I read on the forums that some ph1 172s were prone to pulley failures and they should be changed early. That coupled with the starting problem made me get rid. The steering wheel was nice too but like most mine was quite badly marked......

Shift light was a novel feature tho I figured out that when I used mine constantly it had a rather negative effect on mpg.....;)

I dont know about the ally bonnet & shift light but its had a cambelt and pulley which is good news! Hpi clear also. The main reason im buying it from, the dealer is because i'll get a years warranty and its just been fully serviced, battled to get money off but they wouldnt budge payin just over 4k for her.

T

tdee

got mine in janurary on a y plate for 3700 was a minter with 42000, private sale,, stil gotta get belt done though,, i know i know!

I've never seen one at a dealer for that money! Like i said i dont mind paying that little bit more as its from a dealer, i'll get a years warranty so should something happen i can take it back!

ph1 172
mine is x reg, 40k miles, fsh but no cambelt. also had no tax. v good condition, got it for a under 4k private. i was happy with that, he had it up for 4350.