ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

horn not working , outside for 5 hours !!

well put a omp boss and suede wheel on , have added the 3.3ohm resistors and hooked everything up, horn works fine !

then 30 mins later doesent work ! then on then off thinking to myself wtf, so have re-wired the horn connections and crimped the ends, turns out after god know how long testing that if i pulled the horns live wire it showed a voltage, so stripped it down , to find that around the stud for the wheel bolt there is some plastic housing , with the silver rings connections that link the horn to the car, (hense it can connect the voltage whilst the wheel being rotated and not snagging any cables) , its where the live is soldered onto this ring where the problem is, looks like its come loose, so once pulled it shows a voltage,

question is how on earth do i get the centre bit of the squib out , and has anyone at all had this problem before !???

Mark

172 Cup
I had similar problems when i changing my wheel, ended up rewiring the horn to a push button on my switch panel.

Clio 172
I had similar problems when i changing my wheel, ended up rewiring the horn to a push button on my switch panel.

I need to rewire my horn to a push button, did you rewire it from the actual horn itself or follow the cables to the squib? Cheers

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Just get a Ph1 switch lights/indicators switch with the horn button on the end and wire it into that instead