ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

horn not working , outside for 5 hours !!

well put a omp boss and suede wheel on , have added the 3.3ohm resistors and hooked everything up, horn works fine !

then 30 mins later doesent work ! then on then off thinking to myself wtf, so have re-wired the horn connections and crimped the ends, turns out after god know how long testing that if i pulled the horns live wire it showed a voltage, so stripped it down , to find that around the stud for the wheel bolt there is some plastic housing , with the silver rings connections that link the horn to the car, (hense it can connect the voltage whilst the wheel being rotated and not snagging any cables) , its where the live is soldered onto this ring where the problem is, looks like its come loose, so once pulled it shows a voltage,

question is how on earth do i get the centre bit of the squib out , and has anyone at all had this problem before !???

Mark

172 Cup
I had similar problems when i changing my wheel, ended up rewiring the horn to a push button on my switch panel.

Clio 172
I had similar problems when i changing my wheel, ended up rewiring the horn to a push button on my switch panel.

I need to rewire my horn to a push button, did you rewire it from the actual horn itself or follow the cables to the squib? Cheers

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Just get a Ph1 switch lights/indicators switch with the horn button on the end and wire it into that instead