ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How are your seats wearing in your 172/182

immaculate clio 172
hi all just wandering as i have recently bought a 2002 ph2 172 with 44k on clock and seats are still immaculate apart from a tiny bit of barely noticable wear on drivers bolster, They seem really hard wearing compared to my ctr and even my mk5 golf gti.

Just wandering how they fare up when they have a bit more mileage etc on them thats all. I now have a cover on my drivers seat anyway so wear should now be minimal ( I Hope) :cool:

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
mine are fine :)

but i have seen some pretty nasty ones, mainly from where you get in and out wearing belts etc..

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mine are fine but a bit of the stitching at the top has come loose

RS 172+
No expert here as I only had my 172 from Feb 09.

First thing I noted when at the garage was the lineage on the driver's side leather.

I now treat the seat sides with some leather feed once a month. I haven't noticed any degeneration since.

Last edited:
  immaculate clio 172
No expert here as I only had my 172 from Feb 09.

First thing I noted when at the garage was the lineage on the driver's side leather.

I now treat the seat sides with some leather feed once a month. I haven't noticed any degeneration since.

Hmmmm leather feed ey think il have to look into getting something like this to try stop them cracking and keep them supple etc ebay here i come lol :approve:

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Mine are fine. There's a slight scuff on the side of the passenger seat where it looks like someone had a bit of trouble getting into the back, but other than that they're good.

RS 172+
Have been very conscious on how I get in and out of the car... but TBH I have given up now and just slob in and out as I always have done.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
only prob i have is i cant get the back of the seat as upright as i'd like ( suffer from an iffy back ), not sure if they are all like that or not, car has only done 24k with 1 prev owner

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
My seats have covered 5k since new as the previous owner had buckets in as soon as he got it.

So they are like brand new :cool:

i've the cloth in mine and it's thinning ever so slightly on the right hand bolster (60k), but i'm in and out of the car a lot. the bolster itself is fine; if it's constructed of the same stiff foam material that the rear bench is, can't see it deforming much at all with age

Ian

Focus TDCi
My driver's seat bolster is scratched, worn, lacking colour and the centre section is really bobbled - makes for depressing viewing upon opening the door. (I have the 172 interior btw). Going to try and restore it as best as possible, but it'll never be factory fresh again.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
How you mean mate?

i need to drive with the back of the seat at almost 90 degrees to the base of the seat, but i cant tilt it that upright gets to about 110 degrees..........see pic lol

Untitled-1-1.gif

Ian

Focus TDCi
Should be able to go upright pal. It's the first thing I do when I get in as my brother drives with them reclined.

PH1 172 Sport
Mines on 92k and the leather is wearing think very slightly on the drivers bolster by the door but apart from thats its fine.

Not got a car
My 2003 172 i had last year had only 9000 miles on the clock and the drivers bolster by the door was worn to f**k.

Bought a 182 on sat 2005 with 40k on the clock and thats a little scuffed in the same place.

I've looked a 8 182's these past few weeks and all have had shitty leather on the drivers bolster by the door.

I thought leather was supposed to be tough.

So today ordered some on this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130300551864

Not got a car
i bought some Autoglym leather care yest good for cleaning but dont cure any scuffs, smells lie piss to, but a good leather cleaner.

RS 172+
I think once the leather seat sides show creases there's little to be done except feed them to prevent further deteriation.

I am using Autoglym too... phew!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
drivers seat bobbling slightly...anyone know how to get rid of it?
Buy a bic razor and shave them off carefully - then wipe the seat with a damp cloth.

Or you can get a de bobbler thing from wilkinsons/jml etc

Abarth 500
Buy a bic razor and shave them off carefully - then wipe the seat with a damp cloth.

Or you can get a de bobbler thing from wilkinsons/jml etc

I used the boobler thing from Wilkos, works a treat, mine was badly bobbled, now it looks like new. You might need to buy two if it's badly bobbled though, i ruined my machine doing 2 seats lol, only £1.99 though!

Nissan 350z
66k Ph2 172. Drivers seat is bobbled bad but the leather seems in good nic. Going to try one of those Wilko things mentioned above :)