ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How bad is your clio??

So ladies and gents whos had the most problems with there RS besides the genral wear and tear and servicing?

mine so far has been my nice dry release bearing which will blow up soon and snapping front spring, rear damper pissing oil out

Evo 6, E92 320d
Last clio would blow coils every month, needed all engine mounts and suspension. This one is perfect-ish

Clio 172
i need 2 new front wheel bearings got to do both belts the cam belt on mine is a 5hr job they say and got rust just to top it off but would not change it at all

dCi 80 tractor
wheels bearings, relay busted so car had to be recovered twice, rattles, brakes are going quick but i still want another clio!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
think my old 172 must be a contender, was not much orginal parts left in that.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mines pretty good tbh i've had quite a few parts changed, and it has a few rattles.

Now on just under 107k and still on the original clutch/gearbox [touches wood] :)

BMW E30 325iiiiii
exhaust is loose at the cat....steerings makin a light clunk when u move it about an inch or so...radio wont keep its code...clock wont keep its time....funny kinda grindin noise coming from the dash....apart from that its sound.

AK

M240i
exhaust is loose at the cat....steerings makin a light clunk when u move it about an inch or so...radio wont keep its code...clock wont keep its time....funny kinda grindin noise coming from the dash....apart from that its sound.

Change your battery?

Clio 197
Bought mine new, had it for about 7 months So far: throttle body had to be replaced, clutchbearing, and recently had a strange clonking noize, this was coming from the left front wheel, this was the wheel bearing.. all has been replaced under warranty. Not too sure on the reliability of Renault so far or maybe I'm just unlucky. Fantastic car to drive with, though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Off the top of my head, no particular order. Had it 28k, 20ish months
Was on 44k when i bought it.

• Clutch cable
  • Exhaust
  • Exhaust mounts
  • Front dampers
  • Rear dampers
  • TDC sensor + loom
  • Dephaser decided to sheer off, meaning head work new valves etc.
  • Lower radiator hose decided to leak 3 days before christmas.
  • Rear wheel bearings
  • 3 gearboxs lol 2 of which where brand new.
  • Wheel arch fell out onto wheel and melted.
  • ABS sensor

Thats list seams pretty small, sure there is loads more.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

• Clutch cable
  • Exhaust
  • Exhaust mounts
  • Front dampers
  • Rear dampers
  • TDC sensor + loom
  • Rear wheel bearings

Friday afternoon car ;)

BMW E30 325iiiiii
Change your battery?

well it had a parrot hands free thing in it...i wanted rid of it so i disconnected the battery retraced where the wires went (they were soldered to some of the radio wires) snipped them taped them up and its been a gimp ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRollo

• Clutch cable
  • Exhaust
  • Exhaust mounts
  • Front dampers
  • Rear dampers
  • TDC sensor + loom
  • Rear wheel bearings

omg and how old was your car at this point?

3 gearboxs!!!! mad

182kev

Owned the car 13 months,daily driver and replaced,exhaust, pas pipe (corroded),battery and starter motor,not too bad imo :rasp:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The car valetters at my renault dealer didnt de-wax the car properly.

New cars ftw :p

RS 172+
Bought my 172 with 35k on the clock for £3995 in February 2009.

New belts, 36k service, lowering, K-tec filter, rear shocks, remap, MOT, personal plates, heater fan, reversing light switch... I've added another £1900 to the bill.

Has it been worth it? :cry:

Let's see.

TBC...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bought my 172 with 35k on the clock for £3995 in February 2009.

New belts, 36k service, lowering, K-tec filter, rear shocks, remap, MOT, personal plates, heater fan, reversing light switch... I've added another £1900 to the bill.

Has it been worth it? :cry:

Let's see.

TBC...

Out of that list hardly any of that is failed parts

36k service- not a fault...routine
Lowering - Modifications?
Ktec Filter -Mods again
Remap - Mods
MOT - Routine
Personal Plates - Gimicky/Mods

New shocks, reverse switch and heater fan are the only repairs. Reverse switch and heater fan is just unlucky. Rear shocks should be on the to do list of a service on a 1*2 tbh. They go often enough.

Trophy #473
My Ph1 was pretty good in the 3 years i had it, It was only really the stuff i 'broke' that I had to fix.

Renault Clio S
MK 1
§ Clutch cable (broke on the Dartford Crossing bridge, which was really good fun).
§ Throttle cable (broke as I pulled into the garage to have the temporary clutch cable above replaced).
§ Broken front coils
§ Wheel bearings
§ Leaky sunroof
§ Headlight fell out
§ Battery connectors

MK 2
§ Squeaky sunroof
§ Handbrake seizes regularly, through corrosion, despite new pads and cylinders.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Not an RS, but I've replaced:

- 2 rear wheel bearings
- the alarm
- passenger door solenoid
- engine top mount
- K-seal to 'fix' the headgasket

And there are so many other things that add to the 'character' of my car which I'd rather didn't. If I ever have any spare cash they may get sorted, but I doubt it, it's too far gone.

Changed my carbon cannister..as it was ticking but that didnt solve the ticking. Changed the o2 sensor before the cat and the ticking went.
57k 53 plate.