ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How did you pay for your car...?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
as will being a "rate tart" and moving balances from 0% deal to 0% deal. Weird.[/QUOTE]

I know someone that bought a 14k conservatory, keeps swapping balance every 9months, voila 0% loan................

Will be cash or draft when i find a new car.

I paid for mine with the aid of a £12k bank loan and paid £12380 for a spanker. I actually now have the cash to pay the loan off and upgrade to a 225 or 197 without breaking into a sweat (things change) but I am not in any rush. The 182 is still a sublime car, and I dont regret getting into debt for it one little bit :approve:

LY 200
AA personal loan for me.........Way i see it is im crap at saving but as a 21 year old lad with not many other out goings can afford the payments 3 and abit times over and if i come into money problems i would sdo the simple thing and sell the car.

I would probably become and alccy anyway if i didnt have the car to pay for and play with!!! Lol

K20 EG Hatch
i paid for mine £5k cash and then had a £4k loan over two years, only have about 13 months left though :)

But God being on £11.5k a year and owning a 182 i'm really stuggling, may have to sell it and get somat cheaper to run :(

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
got a loan for the GTTand then spent remainder on engine rebuild -- it still went pop learnt by my mistakes.

Paid in fresh fiftys for the valver:)

g40steve said:
I know someone that bought a 14k conservatory, keeps swapping balance every 9months, voila 0% loan................

Not any more! All of the credit cards now charge a 'handling fee' as they were losing too much money!

Also the handling fees are going up and up where they were originally capped at £50 they now have no upper limit etc...

I've racked up a few CCs and I'm going to get a low APR loan, pay them all of and then clear the loan over 24 months...

Re. buying my car, I took a loan out for my LCR and then px'd the LCR for the Trophy walking away with a Trophy and a cheque for £1000!!! :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
sold my 1.2 on ebay for 5.3k. it was previously written off and rebuilt (Not Cat listed tho) i was left with 2.5k after rebuild, so bought the RS outrite.

Just bought the williams too, cash in hand...Best way to get a low price.

£6500 cash in 10 pound notes. Dumped it on his table and said i know that cup is up for £7750 but will you take this for it? of course he said yes.

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.
worst finance deal EVER! and then crashed it so had to get a aloan to help me out. now will always save up n pay cash. finance and loans suck donkey baws!

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
I've had a car loan before that was paid off quickly and all good; but nowadays I try to save and buy outright, as then I know where I stand with everything and am not tied-up :)

80MPG BEEZA
i got mine through a bank loan over 4 years since then i've increased the payments to get it off quicker, i got the car because the monthly payment would still leave me with loads of money left so i never struggle to pay and hence my credit score being above 850 out of 1000 now which is rated great so i shouldnt struggle with a morgage but i'm due to change jobs making almost 3 times as much hence i'll pay off the car and turbo it

RB 200 Cup!
14.9% flexiloan from HSBC - but then my dad baoled me out after a few months when he got cash after retiring - hes a fooking legend!

Would never personally buy a car on finance

Clown Car
Part ex and the rest split between 2 credit cards, i had the cash transfering from one of my high interest savings accounts to pay off the C/C's immediately, it meant i could pick up the car quicker rather than wait for the money to be transfered.

Focus ST
Finance, two years to go but may pay off quicker so I can sell up. Love the 182 but can't see myself keeping it for another 2 years.