ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do roof mounted screens stay up

im having a go at a bit of a crazy screen roof type thingy, but i dont know to get the screen to stay up??? i was gonna use some magnet type thingies but im not sure if they would effect the screen?? cheers for any help peeps

Well the actual screen clicks into its holder, that holder would have to be fixed, pretty well to the roof..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

When I first read the question I though what a dumbass question.. then I though about it.. now im confused.. you cant exactly drill the roof.. and the roof lining is held up round the edges.

Ps. magnets wont affect an lcd screen, they only affect CRT screens by altering the path of the photons from the guns hitting the phosphorus screen, probably more information than you wanted to know but atleast you know why it affects them now .. thats why all the colours go funny.

Clio V6 255

Installation instructions for the Clarion OHM833 Roof Mounted LCD Screen:

9.INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

The OHM733/OHM833 is an overhead, flip-down 7"/8" monitor with an infrared (IR) eye.

It will accept a video signal from any video source with composite video out. The IR eye will work

with Clarion video source products with an IR eye input.(Please check first if Adapter is necessary!).

1. Look over the vehicle for a location for the monitor. Each vehicle is different and locations will

vary. Make sure the monitor will not interfere with the driver.

2. Run necessary wires to the mounting location. When necessary cut the headliner and pull

wires through.

3. Use a 30cm x 30cm x 2cm or 1.2cm think piece of plywood to mount the OHM733/OHM833.

4. Silicone the piece of plywood to the top of the roof or screw the plywood to the dome light

mounting assembly and or the roof support rail.

5. If you don’t need full Heights of the universal Trim Ring you can cut these Ring and use than

including Rubber gasket to close cutting.

6. Once the plywood has been mounted, connect the IR, power and DIN cables to the designated

sources.

7. Make sure all wires and DIN cables are way from screws when drilling.

8. Screw the monitor and universal pod assembly (factory pre-assembled) into the plywood using

4 wood screws (not supplied). Use the shortest screws possible to prevent roof penetration.

You can find a picture (drawing) on Page 5 of the manual saved as a PDF...

http://www.prodigit.net/clarionDB/manual/2003/operation/4400/OHM833-EU.pdfhttp://www.prodigit.net/clarionDB/manual/2003/operation/4400/OHM833-EU.pdf