ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you set the code for a 172 with a 182 stereo in it ?

172 turbo
Tried to set it last night using the stero as dont have a stalk control animore, now says error, anyone know step by step button to use to set it i know after youve put the code in theres a button you have to hold down ?

BMW F21 125d
I THINK, and i may be wrong, its 1 for digit 1, then 2 for digit 2 etc, and when you have the 4 digit code in, press and hold 6.

172 turbo
correct ? to get rid of error code shall i disconect leads again and just re connect and hope error code doesnt come up?

BMW F21 125d
Again, IIRC if you leave your stereo on for 30 minutes the Code Error will disappear and you'll be able to start trying codes again, however if you can't wait, just disconnect the battery or stereo itself.

172 turbo
this is not good, i disconected the battery for atleast 20 minutes turned the ignition to get power and turned on the stereo just keeps coming up with error, what else can i try so i get another atempt at it? it should work in a 172 correct

172 turbo
also at the back to large power leads plugged in and yellow one at the back, but not the blue one as cant see a lead this shudnt affect it correct?

the blue one is cd changer,

the radio will work perfect without the blue wire,

normally when you put the code in wrong it should come up saying "code" not "error"

on the ph1 radio's anyway....

how many times did you put the code in wrong?

I think you can do it wrong 5 times:/

172 turbo
well i put it in first and let me put code in but then i didnt know what number to hold down so i pressed a load off buttons and sais error now, shall i try and leave it on and see if it resets itself? you would think disconecting the battery would of worked but no ?

172 turbo
yeah i did not starting to worry lol not saying enter code as it should any ideas? going to leave it on see if resets

172 turbo
if its blocked do you leave it on for half an hour and should reset or leave it off for half an hour? and try agen?