ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low should i go?

Expression 1.2 16v
Ive got V maxx coillies coming in the post =D and got some 15" oz super t's for my 1.2 phase 2 clio. -
i want it nice and low, but dont want it to be a pain when corning hard etc with rubbing..

Could you post some pics and measurements of how low it is and if u get rubbing or ? =D

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
My 1.4 is on Ta technix coilovers, wound all the way down at the front and the adjusters are out at the back. Not sure of exact measurements though, I'll try measure it against a standard clio later today. These are also 15" wheels.

68430_10151257962710498_1955531055_n.jpg

1093_10151245138480498_1987842744_n.jpg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Depends on your location mate. If your in an area surrounded by potholes and slow bumps don't go to low.

My 1.4 is on Ta technix coilovers, wound all the way down at the front and the adjusters are out at the back. Not sure of exact measurements though, I'll try measure it against a standard clio later today. These are also 15" wheels.

That looks really nice bar them rear lights but each to there own.

Expression 1.2 16v

Wow lol slammed. Looks nicee but is it practical ? No rubbing ?

Expression 1.2 16v
Depends on your location mate. If your in an area surrounded by potholes and slow bumps don't go to low.

That looks really nice bar them rear lights but each to there own.

yer roads are abit s**t in my village but I only drive in and out of it. Drive Around town etc roads are fine...
Il see how it goes. That's main reason in buying collies so I can adjust if I don't like so low or if its still to high :approve:

Expression 1.2 16v
Low is not always better..

yer - so I read in a post.
I suppose I'm not looking for performance or what ever. Just looks mainly. And if it handles a lil better then great.

Collies are in still in the post - think there coming Monday. :( got a mate of a mate who is also a qualified mechanic fitting them for me for £40 quid. Not bad! Then gonna take it to the garage for laser alignment and all s**t - but I read its best to wait a week to let the springs settle ?

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
[/QUOTE] That looks really nice bar them rear lights but each to there own.[/QUOTE]

Cheers bud, i prefer them to standard lights, but ideally i'd have a set of fk lights i think. All in good time.

Wow lol slammed. Looks nicee but is it practical ? No rubbing ?

Nah there's no rubbing at all really. just the splitter that catches on everything. Obviously have to be careful on speed bumps and dodge every pot hole. Worth it though in my opinion.

Expression 1.2 16v
Yer I got 3 big speed bumps in my village - might just measure how high one is and go form there lol

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Yer I got 3 big speed bumps in my village - might just measure how high one is and go form there lol

I just risked it and went for as low as possible. My home town is full of bumps, not bothered about the splitter scraping. It certainly makes people turn round though ha!

Expression 1.2 16v
yeh sat on 16s with ultra low pro's i just cant wait to lift it up and then enjoy it!!!
Yer be sick - I want a 172 or 182 so bad but need to get Saving =\ think I'm gonna stick with a 1.2 for like a year while i save up for one. Always liked clios. Had a phs 1 befor - proper trooper, drove around half of Europe in it with 3 of my mates lol. Had like 135k on it and still going and never broke down apart from once when the battery just decided to unscrew and disconnect it self lol it made the rev counter going mad, light and indicators flashing randomly car was going crazy lol Managed to sell for £600 quid which I thought wasn't bad for a 98 clio with that amount of miles

Expression 1.2 16v
Tried to get a few different angles for you. Mine is lowered 60mm at the front, 55mm at the back with TA Technix coilovers. Both sets of wheels are 15" as well.

8101068485_a8c04fe818_o_zpsb9c62748.jpg

60.png

33.png

IMAG1570_zps7db0f326.png

IMAG1578_zps65361961.png
Wow thanks for the pictures - that looks really nice and smart! Looks like the perfect height aswell. I like how u only pained the side trims only. looks good. Think I might do the same. U do it ya self ? Have u got like 16v on each side aswell instead of engine size. ? Gonna copy that aswell =P

Wow thanks for the pictures - that looks really nice and smart! Looks like the perfect height aswell. I like how u only pained the side trims only. looks good. Think I might do the same. U do it ya self ? Have u got like 16v on each side aswell instead of engine size. ? Gonna copy that aswell =P

No worries mate. I have to slow right down for speed bumps though, luckily there's only a few around here.

Yeah sprayed the side strips myself, just got some paint mixed up from a local shop.

The bullets it came with said "1.6 16V". I thought it looked a bit crowded and wasn't keen on the raised letters so smoothed a spare set, painted them and got a set of 16V stickers on.

Expression 1.2 16v
No worries mate. I have to slow right down for speed bumps though, luckily there's only a few around here.

Yeah sprayed the side strips myself, just got some paint mixed up from a local shop.

The bullets it came with said "1.6 16V". I thought it looked a bit crowded and wasn't keen on the raised letters so smoothed a spare set, painted them and got a set of 16V stickers on.

yer sick that's defiantly on my list to do.

Expression 1.2 16v
:lolup:finally there here ! hahaha thank you mr post man ! =D

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg
IMG_0969.jpg

gotta wait till weekend tho for a mate of a mate to fit them :( unless any one local can do them for 40 quid :D on tuesday or wednesday.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
no where near me anyway. I have no idea what garages charge i usually just get my mates to help out, which cost me nothing luckily. £250 is crazy money though!

How is it with 4 people in he car ? Or is that just a no go lol?

I do have 3 passengers in now and then, it doesn't scrub :) Haven't had 3 in the back since it's been lowered though.

Also, I payed £70 to get my coilovers fitted. £250 seems way too high!

Dan what size are the tyres on yours, they look quite big?

The black alloys had 185 55's on and the white ones have 195 50's. The old ones did look quite chunky :p

Expression 1.2 16v
I do have 3 passengers in now and then, it doesn't scrub :) Haven't had 3 in the back since it's been lowered though.

Also, I payed £70 to get my coilovers fitted. £250 seems way too high!

The black alloys had 185 55's on and the white ones have 195 50's. The old ones did look quite chunky :p
Sick I got 195/50's aswell and £70 ?! Bargain ! Most garages around here just said no and refused to fit them =|

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Sick I got 195/50's aswell and £70 ?! Bargain ! Most garages around here just said no and refused to fit them =|

Yeah some garages are a bit funny about coilovers, i'm changing the garage i usually go to, cause he just winges about how low it is and it how it wont fit on his ramps.

Pretty sure mine would scrape with 3 but its way too cramped to have 3 people in the back of a clio anyway.

Expression 1.2 16v
update;

nice day so i thought i get my alloys on ready for tomoz when the coillies get fitted.

IMG_0998.jpg

got my rings

IMG_0997.jpg

first wheel off !

IMG_0979.jpg

first wheel on !

IMG_0980.jpg

what ya think ? i know its high lol but il take some pics tomoz when its dropped. and yes, very dirty lol.. gonna give it a nice clean and clean up that black trim !

IMG_0991.jpg

cant wait to close that gap ! look at it !

IMG_0990.jpg

look like theres abit of a angle on the wheels ? :S? or is that my dodgy photography giving the illusion ?

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
get the coilovers wound right down, i hope to see no arch gap by tomorrow! the wheel kind of does, but the tyre looks flat to floor so not sure

Expression 1.2 16v
Okay so got them fitted =D looks good - went for practicability mainly but still gave it a nice drop - so that arch gap is gone and sticking nicely round corners =D also tested 2 grown men in the back and no rubbing so all good.

But when the front shocks where going on we realised the steering rack gaiter split has split in half! So I'm forking out that to be replaced as I speak now.

Gonna give it a well deserved clean and il post some pictures. =D

Expression 1.2 16v
All the camber and s**t was all out a lot after being on that laser machine thing. Il get a pic up of the print out before and after.

Expression 1.2 16v
get the coilovers wound right down, i hope to see no arch gap by tomorrow! the wheel kind of does, but the tyre looks flat to floor so not sure
All the camber and s**t was all out a lot after being on that laser machine thing. Il get a pic up of the print out before and after.