ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

Re: 182 Prices at the moment selling mine soon HELP NEED ADVICE

There's a big majority on here that would take great delight in telling you this car is worthless! People see some sell for well under £5k and assume the rest are only worth that. Sellers are probably also depserate to sell at the moment and pricing accordingly meaning other sellers are also influenced by their prices which causes these wild figues (there's loads of 05 plate 182s OVER £7k on autotrader, although mostly traders though)

When I was looking earlier this month, prices varied from £5k-8k for 182s(they seem to overlap at the top end with Trophies) for both private and dealer sales.

This car looks as-new; whilst you won't see ALL your efforts returned in the sale price (vs another tidy one that has had just normal washes/waxes etc) it's got to be worth around £7k I'm sure, especially if that buyer isn't associated with this self-deprecating forum!! lol

Last edited:
  Porsche Boxster987S

There's a big majority on here that would take great delight in telling you this car is worthless! People see some sell for well under £5k and assume the rest are only worth that. Sellers are probably also depserate to sell at the moment and pricing accordingly meaning other sellers are also influenced by their prices which causes these wild figues (there's loads of 05 plate 182s OVER £7k on autotrader, although mostly traders though)

When I was look earlier this month, prices varied from £5k-8k for 182s/Trophies (they seem to overlap) for both private and dealer sales.

This car looks as-new; whilst you won't see ALL your efforts returned in the sale price (vs another tidy one that has had just normal washes/waxes etc) it's got to be worth around £7k I'm sure, especially if that buyer isn't associated with this self-deprecating forum!! lol

the best post ive read on here for a while tbh. thank god there is someone who shares my opinion

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Don't listen to peoples valuations on here. Most people want something for nothing.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Your on the money when you say the price variations are wild, some people are more desperate to sell than others. I dont like to bring it back to "its only worth what someones willing to pay"because it doesnt apply on all examples.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

When I was look earlier this month, prices varied from £5k-8k for 182s(they seem to overlap at the top end with Trophies) for both private and dealer sales.

I agree totally, this motor wants for nothing still runs a new car warranty because i paid the 600 quid last june and can be extended again in june for another year for 400 Quid. Piece of mind motoring.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

That is immaculate. If i was still after one i'd definitely pay 6.5k+ for it, but i haven't looked at what the market prices are for months...

Edit: You haven't mentioned the mileage?

I agree totally, this motor wants for nothing still runs a new car warranty because i paid the 600 quid last june and can be extended again in june for another year for 400 Quid. Piece of mind motoring.

Didn't spot the full Renault Warranty - that is a huge attraction; £7.5k wouldn't be too much to ask as you don't give anything away to buying through a dealer because you can literally give a warranty with the car potentially worth thousands. Worth a huge amount compared to those that are out of warranty and once they're lapsed you can't take out again AFAIK.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

35,650 miles Marky ,Danny i'm selling as i have had her nearly 3 years and I'm looking at getting a Impreza Spec C Type RA

172 Exclusive... For Sale

How about a Clio 172 Exclusive with usual Exclusive refinements, completely standard, 77,000 miles, some service history?

What's it worth?

(Also currently needs cat replacing, may fit decat but will leave engine management light on so I believe a factory cat is best option. However I could offer the buyer the option of either before handing car over).

Y-Reg. Cambelt changed November 2007.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

Didn't spot the full Renault Warranty - that is a huge attraction; £7.5k wouldn't be too much to ask as you don't give anything away to buying through a dealer because you can literally give a warranty with the car potentially worth thousands. Worth a huge amount compared to those that are out of warranty and once they're lapsed you can't take out again AFAIK.

Exactly if you dont take it out before the 3 years are up, thats it your knackered this is better than Renaults 2nd hand car warranty

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

AFAIK ?? sorry i dont know this one!

When I was looking earlier this month, prices varied from £5k-8k for 182s(they seem to overlap at the top end with Trophies) for both private and dealer sales.

£5k is too low. £6k if its had the belts done and it will sell id imagine. Stick it up at £6250 and take £6k..

£7k? LOL!! Is that a joke?

the best post ive read on here for a while tbh. thank god there is someone who shares my opinion

lol, you're just bitter because you spent a fortune and hate to think youve lost out..

LOL! The price has gone up now??!! £7.5k? Are you on crack?!!

Pay for Autotrader @ £7.5k and all you'll get is people phoning to laugh, attempting to knock £2k off or asking you if the price is a typo.

You can say theres one at £x price on AT/PH, but yes, its still there. It hasnt sold.

You can blame this forum as much as you like, but its the truth. The values are dropping like stones and people need to realise that if they want to sell their car. Its not like Clios are the only car to depreciate, everything else is going down too.

AFAIK means As far as I know..

Porsche Boxster987S

do we not all lose out when we buy a car? :S(99% of us)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

£5k is too low. £6k if its had the belts done and it will sell id imagine. Stick it up at £6250 and take £6k..

lol, you're just bitter because you spent a fortune and hate to think youve lost out..

Pay for Autotrader @ £7.5k and all you'll get is people phoning to laugh, attempting to knock £2k off or asking you if the price is a typo.

You can say theres one at £x price on AT/PH, but yes, its still there. It hasnt sold.

You can blame this forum as much as you like, but its the truth. The values are dropping like stones and people need to realise that if they want to sell their car. Its not like Clios are the only car to depreciate, everything else is going down too.

AFAIK means As far as I know..

Fire from the Hip;)

172 Cup
Realisticly?

right before you comment on why did you do that etc!!!! I bought my 04 182 for £5600 in march this year, I then realised which i have explained in other threads about the problems, anyway it has ended up with me spending around 4k on new refurb engine and gearbox from renault, all receipts to prove! I saw this engine come in a box from renault and it was brand spanking new and it fels it as well! I would say i have done around 2500 miles in the new one now and about 200 miles in new gearbox, actual milage for car is 54000, i know you never make back what you put in but surely the new engine and gearbox has to mean something!

Anyway if you were me and wanted to sell (which i dont cause that would be silly, but just wondering) what price would you put it up for and what method of selling do you think is best to achieve the best price?

Clio 172 cup
Re: Realisticly?

you would be looking at 5k tops if you were to sell now in the current climate. Whether or not it's had a new engine and box. Infact I would nearly go as far as saying the fact it's had a new engine and box would put many people off the car. It wouldn't bother me though.

I understand depreciation but the ClioSports appear to be suffering heavier depreciation than any other Clio. You also appear to be on a one-man crusade to rubbish the value of your own car lol

What's the obsession "with the belts" influencing almost 20% of the cars value!? It's the cost of running the car. Same as tax, insurance, other servicing, tyres etc.

This car is in as-new condition WITH A WARRANTY, which is worth a lot (read about the guy who spent thousands after having problems). If there's someone on the look out for a car that is a tidy as possible then this is one you'd want to look at rather than a more average one around £5k. Mybae 7.5k is a bit optimistic but I'd still say £7k. This might take longer as your average buyer will just look at the headline figure; £5k for an average 182 or £7k for a mint 182; err the cheaper one of course! And don't forget the warranty - some people won't buy a car without one and will sell a new car when it runs out!

IMO the best place to advertise it is NOT on here.

I understand depreciation but the ClioSports appear to be suffering heavier depreciation than any other Clio. You also appear to be on a one-man crusade to rubbish the value of your own car lol

What's the obsession "with the belts" influencing almost 20% of the cars value!? It's the cost of running the car. Same as tax, insurance, other servicing, tyres etc.

This car is in as-new condition WITH A WARRANTY, which is worth a lot (read about the guy who spent thousands after having problems). If there's someone on the look out for a car that is a tidy as possible then this is one you'd want to look at rather than a more average one around £5k. Mybae 7.5k is a bit optimistic but I'd still say £7k. This might take longer as your average buyer will just look at the headline figure; £5k for an average 182 or £7k for a mint 182; err the cheaper one of course! And don't forget the warranty - some people won't buy a car without one and will sell a new car when it runs out!

IMO the best place to advertise it is NOT on here.

Im just the voice of reason.

Because the belts are a big service for a cheap car like a Clio. If it was an Evo then a £600 service is something you expect to happen. A Clio will have 2 of those in its life, I doubt its going to need 3.

The warranty generally isnt worth the paper their written on. They'll always find a way of getting out and it excludes a hell of a lot of stuff. Its hard enough getting Renault to fix anything within the first 3 years.

It wont ever sell at £7k. Ever. £6k will get you a mint 182 with the belts done, why would you pay a grand more?

Both these need a big service soon.

£5.7k - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/870405.htm
£5.5k - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/849988.htm

172 Cup

right before you comment on why did you do that etc!!!! I bought my 04 182 for £5600 in march this year, I then realised which i have explained in other threads about the problems, anyway it has ended up with me spending around 4k on new refurb engine and gearbox from renault, all receipts to prove! I saw this engine come in a box from renault and it was brand spanking new and it fels it as well! I would say i have done around 2500 miles in the new one now and about 200 miles in new gearbox, actual milage for car is 54000, i know you never make back what you put in but surely the new engine and gearbox has to mean something!

Anyway if you were me and wanted to sell (which i dont cause that would be silly, but just wondering) what price would you put it up for and what method of selling do you think is best to achieve the best price?

You arent going to get much more because it has a new engine really. The shell is still going with the original miles.

You might get £6k.

Laguna 2, Westfield

Yup theres loads on Autotrader for 7k - 8k, they must sell as i've been checking prices ever since i've had mine periodically and the cars are always different ones on there.

At the French Car Show in 08 most of the 'enthusiasts 182's' were poor and in bad condition compared to mine and a few others, so if this is what people are buying for 5-6k then good luck. I'd pay the extra 1k and get a minter. I've always paid more than 'normal' (had a mint Fiesta RST and williams before) and other people are willing to aswell as they have never took long to sell.
It might not be as easy with a 182 though as there are still quite alot for sale and most people will just buy a cheap one and live with the dinks and scuffs etc.

Broken Diesel Megane :(

Bump to the thread!!

I am looking to change car ASAP. Was out in it today, and just found myself seeking more.

Clio 182 with both cup packs
Inferno Orange
24,560 miles
MOT March 09
Tax March 09
Excellent Cond etc etc

I am ideally wanting to sell ASAP, so with that in mind would a stealer be a good idea?

What sort of money am i looking at for it?

Yup theres loads on Autotrader for 7k - 8k, they must sell as i've been checking prices ever since i've had mine periodically and the cars are always different ones on there.

At the French Car Show in 08 most of the 'enthusiasts 182's' were poor and in bad condition compared to mine and a few others, so if this is what people are buying for 5-6k then good luck. I'd pay the extra 1k and get a minter. I've always paid more than 'normal' (had a mint Fiesta RST and williams before) and other people are willing to aswell as they have never took long to sell.
It might not be as easy with a 182 though as there are still quite alot for sale and most people will just buy a cheap one and live with the dinks and scuffs etc.

Yea I'd say the amount for sale is always an unflunence but I agree about looking for a minter (one 182 I looked at - up for sale at the same price as the other I found - was rough and very untidy).

Friend of mine had a super tidy N-plate 16v in dark blue, one of the last ones I think. He'd searched for about year for the best one he could find (probably at the time paying £6.5k when majority were under £5k) only for it to be written off a short time later when someone hit it. He then spent another year looking for another 16v in similar condition but failed to find one so bought a NEW 182 so his budget wasn't limited to what the going rate was, he just wanted another "mint" 16v.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq
What would my car go for?

Hey guys,

Ive got a 1.2 16v dynamique clio, which is an ex CAT C. I wanted to know what i could get for it if i decided to sell it.

Its at 17,000 miles,
Manual,
Black,
No service history, but i can get the booklet with the stamps from the previous owner,

I just basically want an rough guess on what i should expect to get for it. Its mechanical state is excellent, and just had the tracking the other day too.

Any guesses?

S4 Avant
Re: What would my car go for?

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you, my 182 was a Cat C write off, and I wouldn't expect it to go for any more than 2,500 if I ever sold it, which is why I'm never going to.

Renault Clio 1.2 dynamiq

Im not desperate at all to sell it, i just wanted to get a rough idea on it. The damages to the car were absolutely minimal, i can never understand ina million years why it was cat c! lol

It had one bump about 23cm in diameter on the rear drivers side tailgate, and needed a new passenger side front wing panel.

In total, with a full respray etc it has cost me about £2300 in repairs and parts etc, and is mechanically very good.

Im hoping to get about £2600 or so, would you guys say thats reasonable?

I hardly ever use the car as i travel into uni by underground, and hardly get the chance to drive about.....

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Id have thought mine isnt worth much mroe than that (04 1.2 Dynamique on 30k) none recorded.

ID have thought a Cat C is going to be less than £2600 mate :(

S4 Avant

It'll go for whatever anyone is willing to pay for it tbh, and as there are so many undamaged examples out there, very few people would buy yours, over an unrecoreded car. Unless it was stupidly cheap, which is where you'll lose out I'm afraid​

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

would have to be dirt cheap if i was gunna buy it, like £1500

Italian 3.2 V6
... would you buy this?

this is not a sales ad.. im just interested to see if any1 would buy this and what would they pay if i was to sell... just thinking on the idea for future rasons...

02 plate, 52k on the clock, has had cambelt and aux changed at 50k, full spot on service history. washed every other day, (clayed n waxed every time wax is fading usualy every 2 weeks)

standard apart from stealth exhaust and lowerd 30mm on ktec springs... also has bullets colour coded..

dyno tested at 148bhp atw also. and everything is in gr8 working order!

heres the pics...

View attachment 31691

View attachment 31694

View attachment 31692

View attachment 31690

View attachment 31693

thoughts please

Last edited by a moderator: