ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is my ph1 worth?

IMG_0268.gif

IMG_0271.gif

IMG_0279.gif

History

2nd Owner
Ph1 172
39,300K miles.

Spec
X reg
Shift Light
Alloy Bonnet
Standard Renault Stereo with 6 CD Changer and Tape

Mods

FK Konigsport Coilovers (fitted by Rentech May 08)
Brembo HC Discs, Ferodo DS500 Pads, Braided Lines (fitted by Rentech Feb 08)
Custom catback stealth exhaust (Torque-Exhausts fitted April 07 with lifetime warrenty)
Ph2 rear lights
Refurbed OZ F1 Cups in black with red lip, plus a spare in the boot un-refurbed.
Silvervisions all round
Clear side indicators
Polished battery cover
1 tyre was replaced 6 months ago at Pro-Tyre.
A new engine cover with petrol flap was bought by another cs member, but not fitted.

Service/TAX/MOT Spec

Full service history with Renault 3 Years,
Mark fish motorsport 4 Years
Rentech 1 Year
MOT Until July 09
Tax until April 09

Lots of reciepts for proof.

Recent work

A new accelerator cable was fitted.

Good Points

Very clean interior

Bad points

Steering wheel condition does not look that good, common fault on all Ph1 172's
A minor little ding on the driverside door pillar

Jay

Last edited:
4 - 4.25k private sale imo mate.

People will come on here and say its worth 3k.

Tell them to try and find a mint ph1 with 40k on it for 3k.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I was thinking around the 4k mark too.
I have seen so many people trying to sell their Ph1's with high mileage for ridiculous amounts, yet I think £4k is reasonable for mine.

I don't drive that car much to be honest.
My work is a 15mins walk, so I don't need it during the week.
I could just tuck her away in the garage until next summer

I have no idea, I don't think I actually need one :eek:

but could get tempted to get a cheap run around. mk2 golf or bmw e28 m5 ;),

Tbh, I have no reason to own a car right now, and if the opportunity arrives at my door, I am willing to part with her, although I would be depressed to see her go for weeks, if not many months

ITB'd 182...
4k imo. looked uber clean at fcs and like others have said you will struggle to find a ph1 with mileage that low

Track 172 & Golf R32
i want ur car jay !!! i was tellin my cousin how much i liked it the nite i saw ya let me know if u do sell it ;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
pmsl laughing at the valuations......

no offence mate but you can ask for 4k all you like but you won't get it....

however i would agree that is what its worth.... as for what you would get for it...somewhere between £2.5 - £3.5k would be realistic

remember i tried selling mine, totally standard in the same condition.....

imo they aren't worth selling anymore, they have dropped price so much you are better off keeping it

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

however i would agree that is what its worth.... as for what you would get for it...somewhere between £2.5 - £3.5k would be realistic

imo they aren't worth selling anymore, they have dropped price so much you are better off keeping it

I can only agree with this lad, im in a very difficult position where i dont know what to do with mine. Im hopefully keeping until it dies of death....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
danny i tried selling mine earlier this year, it was totally mint, has low mileage, fsh etc etc but people want them for nothing now, they have dropped so rapidly in price imo the are next to worthless, mine is slowly turning into a track toy then i will purchase an everyday car

53 Clio's & counting
danny i tried selling mine earlier this year, it was totally mint, has low mileage, fsh etc etc but people want them for nothing now, they have dropped so rapidly in price imo the are next to worthless, mine is slowly turning into a track toy then i will purchase an everyday car

This is unfortunatly true, as per our chat at Combe mate, if i were to sell mine id get next to nothing i expect, even though its a great car, although im hoping they cant get much cheaper,then values will start to head back up, and i suppose i have the advantage of mine being black ;) lol

Lol i have to say imo you are mistaken.

There are still people out there willing to pay decent money for the right car.

My old ph1 sold with 90k on it. for just under 4k. That was early this year. It was a 2000 W plate. Fsh etc etc.

Depends how they are advertised , the buyer and the seller.

It took a while to sell mine but it was worth it, the money i got for it.

People at the time were struggling to selll ph1's with less miles for the same amount, people were even struggling to sell newer ph1's for that kind of money.

With the mods jay has its worth 4k imo, and i know people will bang on about mods dont make the car worth more etc etc i know this , but i think the mods are subtle and despite the wheels add to the look of the car. I dont think unless you are a dealer/trader you can go on book prices at the mo.

Parkers say its worth 2.5k with 80k on it.

Having said that i have just sold a ph1, fsh, very tidy, 74k on it 01/x for 3k.

So it really does depend how much someone is willing to pay.

It may take a while, but as i said before Jay ask people if they can find a mint ph1 with 40k on it. The chances are it wont be an easy task.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Bang on mate, although to be fair ive had some genuine interest in mine which is sod's law considering it is the most reluctant sale of my life.

I went to aberdeen to get her lol!

Pug 306 GTI6 & 205 GTI6

hi justin,

i wouldn't have called that one "tidy" as it was basically a track car, track pads, worn steering wheel and stone chipped to death, and not FSH was it ;)

hi by the way :quiet:

:cool:

hi justin,

i wouldn't have called that one "tidy" as it was basically a track car, track pads, worn steering wheel and stone chipped to death, and not FSH was it ;)

hi by the way :quiet:

:cool:

Hi,

Steering wheels wear on the ph1 chap, nothing that can be done about it, they are just of very poor build quality.

Track pads make the car un-tidy ? :S

Your right i should have said FSH except for one stamp lol

Stone chips come with miles chap, as i said to you i would have had it done if i was going to keep it. Very minor imo. But it validates the mileage.

And at the end of the day, the car is 7 years old.

Oh and stop being a freeloader and join lol

clio sport

my mates just bought one with 60k full service all the things that you would want to se too buy a sport, no mods defently no thrash mint condition hpi clear you name its there 2500 and its a exclusive (rare) . im afraid its a buyers market at the mo not a sellers one

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

my mates just bought one with 60k full service all the things that you would want to se too buy a sport, no mods defently no thrash mint condition hpi clear you name its there 2500 and its a exclusive (rare) . im afraid its a buyers market at the mo not a sellers one

How can you possibly tell if a car hasnt had its hole kicked?

New discs, pads and tires. Wa-la, non thrashed clio sport for sale:dead: