ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is the 182/172 Leather/Alcantara Interior worth!?

Mini Cooper
Looking at buying a Leather Interior out of a 182/172 to fit in my Clio my I get it!! Want a 2nd hand mint set consisting of Front Seats, Rear Seats and DoorCards!?

How much should I be looking to pay for a nice condition set!?

Cheers

A Fcukin Car
Are they easy to fit, I would like the upgraded interior, well I have added it onto the long list of things I wana do.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
theres currently a set on ebay for 400 !!

I paid 375 for mine and they wer in shocking condition, i ended up power washing them, look brand new now :)

u can also use pallatised delivery for 40 a pallet, they all fit on the one pallet so if there trust worthy 40 quid delivery is a steal !!

Mini Cooper
yeah was looking at that one on ebay!!

how hard is this interior to fit and clean up to look mint!?

on my old 206, i bought the 180 interior and the plastic on the dash was grey, and the plastic on the doorcards was black so it looked odd, would i have the problem putting the 182 interior in an extreme, or is the dash the same colour on all clios!?

i used mer products, one was an upholster cleaner for the alacantara (loot warm water and a few cap fulls and a stiff brush then rinse clean) and also leather restorer (just a cream on a rag, brings up the leather nice)

as for fitting i was abit hesitant at first, its very very easy tho.

Front seats:
look under the car and there are 4 rubber bungs - 2 at each side of the car, these are the covers that let you get at 4 of the 8 nuts - they are the nuts for the outer of the seats - the other 4 nuts are near the exhaust pipe, u will need an extension on your socket to get at them.

when all these 8 nuts are out go back in the car and unclip all the wiring for the airbags and seatbelt pre tensioners.

the seats will now lift out - fit the new ones and enjoy.

Good excuse to give the carpet a good clean.

i took all the seats out, then the doorcards - new doorcards back in then seats.

In the mk2 ph1 the clio dash is light grey and in the clio mk2 ph2 it is very dark grey - all the sport interiors with the white renault sport logo are the very dark grey ones and match the mk2 ph2

Mini Cooper
also, can you post some pics of the interior fitted in your car, as ive never seen good pics of it fitted, and im trying to convinced my girlfriend thats its a good idea and is mint!!

cheers mate

ubber late reply, but your 2005 clio - i'm 100% its a mk2 phase 2 with dark dash !! any mk2 phase 2 leather interior and all the gubbins will fit !! - will post a pic up soon, its quite hard to take pics of interior...

seeing as im board

clio1photo.jpg

was messing about here,,,, its 40mm ish adobe photoshop lowerd.

seats
seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

seats3.jpg

little crease in the centre due to seats being down with a mega weight resting on it lol

hope these convince you to get some, also the smell of the leather is quite sensual :) haha

Mini Cooper
yeah its looks immense, im deffo getting it!!

i was pretty convinced after i bought the 180 interior for my 1.4 pug 206, coz that was gorgeous, and your pics have just made me certain i want it!!

is it hard to clean!?

its easy to clean, clean it when its out of the car, makes it loads easier !! give your carpet a clean to when theres nothing in, will look like a new car !!

R

Rebecca

Kinsella said:
its easy to clean, clean it when its out of the car, makes it loads easier !! give your carpet a clean to when theres nothing in, will look like a new car !!

Good idea we have the rear seats out at the mo and we cleaned it and will clean it again before the seats go back in. (if they ever go back in I should say.) The leather is and whatever that other stuff is called does look and feel nice. it is a shame they don't have an option for these type of seats on the new clio as I feel that the fabric in that is very scratchy.

yea when i took the 197 for a test drive (when the 172 was being fixed lol) i was astonished that there is no leather,, its like canvas that material in there, nice shape and design but terrible material choice,,,, Renault keeping the £££ down

R

Rebecca

Kinsella said:
yea when i took the 197 for a test drive (when the 172 was being fixed lol) i was astonished that there is no leather,, its like canvas that material in there, nice shape and design but terrible material choice,,,, Renault keeping the £££ down

Yeah because if you are wearing a little summery top it scratches at your arms. I went along to the renault place with Dave 3141 and a few others of here and they were saying get in you will like the seats so I got in and I was like ouch they scratch. They just didn't get that that was important. :dapprove:

Mini Cooper
so is there any difference between the 172 interior and the 182 interior!??

also i recall someone saying the jetsprayed there interior while it was out of the car, surely that will fook it up wont it?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Why would it? Obviously they wouldn't have done it if it would have having just spent a lot of money out on it!

it was me , i powerwashed the back and the underside, did not spray the alacantara, although it did get drenched anyway

Mini Cooper
and it didnt mess it up!?

suppose ya can just leave it out in the sun (lol, wont get much sun now) and it can dry that way!?