ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much of a necessity are uprated engine mounts with ITB's?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Pretty much as per thread title, how much of a necessity really are they?

ive pretty much just replaced all of the engine mounts with brand new factory items when I did my recent engine/box swap, and the car is still yet to see a road/track since.
ive now got myself a set of AT Power bodies, with 120mm bodies/trumpets which I believe are almost as big as you can go, but don't want to find I have to much movement in the bay for the size of bodies I have and things start becoming 'close'.

input greatly welcomed.

I'd say they would be a must, but you could possibley get away with the standard ones for now as they are new, I'd replace the dogbone with pollybush if not already done.

Regards Russ...

Cup In bits
Yeah as Said Kelv I don't see how they make a massive difference anyway (although I bought years ago fir the racecar) to how the engine moves, the engine pivots off the top one and gearbox replacement and the dog bone and the 2nd gearbox mount do all the rotational holding IME.